MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you may have seen it, but the new look website is available for all to see... can you have a gander at it and give me your feedback.. please :D

All possitive and negative greatfully received but please let it be constuctive... i dont want - its **** or anything like :D

thanks everyone

www.khaostuning.co.uk

·
Registered
7,448 Posts
very good , very professional looking , all questions answered ,
do you offer any form of guarantee ? either in relation to expected gains or against engine damage warranty invalidation ? if so this should be more prominent as to me as a prospective customer its quite important , andy

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
very good , very professional looking , all questions answered ,
do you offer any form of guarantee ? either in relation to expected gains or against engine damage warranty invalidation ? if so this should be more prominent as to me as a prospective customer its quite important , andy
Yes I do, I'll add this on the next update.. Thanks for pointing that out.

·
Banned
7,851 Posts
'Covering the entire northwest.'

What exactly does this mean?

Do you travel to your customers?....or are you only accepting custom from this region?

Aside from the guarantee topic already raised, a bit more clarity on this statement is the only issue I can pick with what is otherwise an excellent site.:)

Well done mate.:broon:

·
Registered
364 Posts
Nice looking website, mate. Like the slideshow.
Only couple of comments regarding the html/css side of things.
Noticed in the code on the benefits page that the main text (the "A Khaos ECU upgrade will maximise the performance..." bit) that they are set to align=justify, but they're appearing centred for me.
Are the buttons supposed to become lowercase when you click them?
You've set the sidebar div so that the text background is white (#fff) rather than the same colour as the rounded box (grey), IMHO reckon this would look better the same colour.
As I said though, looks good.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
'Covering the entire northwest.'

What exactly does this mean?

Do you travel to your customers?....or are you only accepting custom from this region?

Aside from the guarantee topic already raised, a bit more clarity on this statement is the only issue I can pick with what is otherwise an excellent site.:)

Well done mate.:broon:
yes i travel to my customers.... maybe i need to strengthen this fact...

cheers

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Nice looking website, mate. Like the slideshow.
Only couple of comments regarding the html/css side of things.
Noticed in the code on the benefits page that the main text (the "A Khaos ECU upgrade will maximise the performance..." bit) that they are set to align=justify, but they're appearing centred for me.
Are the buttons supposed to become lowercase when you click them?
You've set the sidebar div so that the text background is white (#fff) rather than the same colour as the rounded box (grey), IMHO reckon this would look better the same colour.
As I said though, looks good.
right, errmm ok. ill see what needs to be done here..

thank you :D

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
Site looks nice Ian, only thing I would suggest is maybe some more colours or pictures or something, it looks professional but a bit sparse, especially on a wide screen there is a lot of white on each side of the central text, maybe have the other site logos down the side on every page like the home page?

Content wise all seems great except you say most insurance companies don't penalise for a remap, but perhaps you should add 'but check first'? I know someone on here made a thread where their insurance wouldnt cover them with a remap (direct line I think) and I can't see many insurance companies not increasing for a 20%+ power increase.

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Site looks nice Ian, only thing I would suggest is maybe some more colours or pictures or something, it looks professional but a bit sparse, especially on a wide screen there is a lot of white on each side of the central text, maybe have the other site logos down the side on every page like the home page?

Content wise all seems great except you say most insurance companies don't penalise for a remap, but perhaps you should add 'but check first'? I know someone on here made a thread where their insurance wouldnt cover them with a remap (direct line I think) and I can't see many insurance companies not increasing for a 20%+ power increase.
There is a reason for websites designed to be like that.
For examples:

www.micom.co.uk
www.pcworld.co.uk
www.soundscommercial.co.uk
www.currys.co.uk

Simon

·
Registered
11,897 Posts
Maybe they want people to upgrade from 800x600.
I think you will find they are optimised for resolutions running 1024 x 768 and above which is currently as far as I know still the most recognised resolution, admittedly displays and computers have still come a long way ince the days for most of us running at 1024 x 768. However some people even though their pc can run higher resolutions may still choose to run it at 1024 x 768. If anyone is running lower than that then god help them.

Simon

·
Registered
1,987 Posts
I think you will find they are optimised for resolutions running 1024 x 768 and above which is currently as far as I know still the most recognised resolution, admittedly displays and computers have still come a long way ince the days for most of us running at 1024 x 768. However some people even though their pc can run higher resolutions may still choose to run it at 1024 x 768. If anyone is running lower than that then god help them.

Simon
Haha, you're right, I'm on an older computer that was running a little more than 1024x768 but that was a little much of the screen so I've set it to 1024x768 and yes it does look much better like that, was on 1600x1050 before.

·
Registered
4,834 Posts
Site looks good to me...

being really pedantic here only really.. but on your product page for the MGR group, how come the 25 and 45 have (slightly) different outputs.. they are the same engine after all

And the same comment for the 600 & 400 too.

Oh and to really really really pedantic, you technically have to re-chip the DI's as they can't be remapped live - although the rechip does the same thing in effect :)

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Site looks good to me...

being really pedantic here only really.. but on your product page for the MGR group, how come the 25 and 45 have (slightly) different outputs.. they are the same engine after all

And the same comment for the 600 & 400 too.
I'm allowed some mistakes as there's a lot of cars, I'll get this looked at though ;-) thanks for pointin that out!!

Oh and to really really really pedantic, you technically have to re-chip the DI's as they can't be remapped live - although the rechip does the same thing in effect :)
Cars are either chipped, bdm or obd, but as you say the effect is the same :)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Urgent issue spotted

**URGENT**

You may not be aware, you are not allowed to display the logo of Rover or MG unless you have permission (We found this out the hard way) I suggest you remove the logos pronto before Landrover Jaguar contact you!

Its good to offer a 'freephone number' however I found that people who call on mobiles are charged, therefore you should add your mobile phone number on your website too. Also I called it today and got the message please enter you pin number this is BAD

Were are you based? Can you be trusted, add an address to give people peace of mind, at the moment I do not know where to find you if my car blows up lol

You have live support, this is excellent - at 15:00 its is offline not good - I suggest you dont display live support if you are not available to answer it.

I am only helping here not critisising, hope this helps

Jonjoe

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Points anwered below;

You may not be aware, you are not allowed to display the logo of Rover or MG unless you have permission (We found this out the hard way) I suggest you remove the logos pronto before Landrover Jaguar contact you!

I'll consider my options with regards to this, i assume its not just MG/R who i may encounter issues with...

Its good to offer a 'freephone number' however I found that people who call on mobiles are charged, therefore you should add your mobile phone number on your website too. Also I called it today and got the message please enter you pin number this is BAD

Agree this is bad, however its working fine for me and other that have called today, after speaking to my provider there has been no such issues that they are wanting to admit too!

Were are you based? Can you be trusted, add an address to give people peace of mind, at the moment I do not know where to find you if my car blows up lol

My address is listed all over my receipts and invoices, but as a mobile business i did not feel it nessesary to include my address on the website (as this is currently my home address), i will change this when i move into premises however.

You have live support, this is excellent - at 15:00 its is offline not good - I suggest you dont display live support if you are not available to answer it.

This was an idea of my web developer, but again as i am mobile the chances of me actually being online are slim, so i will be removing this.

Cheers for your feedback.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts