MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31,181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had black spots all over my car caused by me using colour restorer on my hardtop with a paintbrush.

I was using clay toay but it was very difficult to shift. I used all my medium clay on one apanel and then used the meguiars stuff but it wasnt shifting the black stuff.

I looked in the shed and I found a bottle of T-cut wax scrathc remover and restorer!!! I tried it and it worked great!! Rmeoved all the black stuff and brought back my plat silver colour.

I went over it with AG SRP, then TW metallic wax, then a final coat of Meguiars Gold liquid wax.

Here are some pics. What do you reckon?

I presume you are about to tell me how bad t-cut is for my car???

·
Registered
2,078 Posts
I used a form of t-cut a while ago.It was a milder form acording to the bottle(like a soft cut)never caused aprob....however it was supossed to be mild

Shroon

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Don't let it happen again ;)

To be fair, you probably didn't even need to use clay, some glue & tar remover would have done the trick :)

Nice reflection in the last pic :D

·
Registered
rover_45
1,986 Posts
I find applying t-cut then srp over it before it has dried gives great results. You just have to be careful about applying it.
PS. where did you get those St Andrews flags from? Looks great.

·
Registered
9,700 Posts
as an aside i often use a mixture of t-cut original and SRP to remove scratches etc from customers cars with no problems what so ever :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts