MG-Rover.org Forums banner

I think it's love at first sight!

2K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  Alan (P2AGD 
#1 ·
I was wondering what to get after the MG and on Sunday we wandered into the local Alfa dealership to look at the GT but my heart was stolen by the new Brera. In fact it almost stole my chequebook too! They only had a black one (that will do nicely!) but it was sold. :sad3:

This has to be the most stunning car on the road (that is not ridiculously expensive at least). I almost paid a deposit on the spot without even a test drive but since there is a 7 month waiting list, I think I will wait so I can get it just in time for next spring. :D

#3 ·
Great, they're awesome looking motors in the metal, nearly caused a pile up in colney hatch lane when i saw a black one outside the dealer!

Please, please, please dont tell me you ordered it with a diseasel though!

theres nothing worse than hearing a car like that ratatatatatata away from the lights like a tractor!

#8 ·
The 2.2 JTS SV is the most likely, that is more than enough power for me. I certainly would not go for a diesel (of any car for that matter).
Like you say, you would normally expect to be able to get a good discount on an Alfa but demand will be high on this I expect for a while yet.

#15 · (Edited)
Done! Ordered it yesterday in silver with red and cream leather, 2.2 JTS SV with Bose sound system, delivery December and I cant wait! It was lovely to drive and just looks so good.

2006 Alfa Brera (not soon enough)
2005 MG ZT 120
2003 Mini Cooper (will be missed)
2004 MG TF160
1972 MGB
1972 MGB GT 2.0L

#17 ·
I am getting used to waiting. Paid deposit on new house March 2004 and finally getting the keys 15th December 2006. Thats why the Brera is taking so long really cos I dont want it until I can garage it as we move to a rented house in the next couple of weeks and it only has drive space for 2 of our current cars.

2005 MG ZT 120
2004 MG TF160
1972 MGB
1972 MGB GT 2.0L

#19 ·
Well, I have been holding off changing the TF to see what happens, if the new TF disappoints or does not happen then it will be likely replacement for that but I would probably wait for a low mileage used one.

2005 MG ZT 120
2004 MG TF160
1972 MGB
1972 MGB GT 2.0L

#20 ·
Alan (P2AGD said:
Well, I have been holding off changing the TF to see what happens, if the new TF disappoints or does not happen then it will be likely replacement for that but I would probably wait for a low mileage used one.
They are lovely cars and I would love a Brera if we weren't swarming with children. I've been pocketing a car allowance for long enough and I am sort of restricted to 7 seaters but the 159 would be tempting if I could find one nearly new.

#22 ·
Thats kind of my thoughts, Alfa are the most similiar to MG in terms of heritage in my opinion apart from maybe Lotus (too extreme) or Porsche (too expensive). The Brera might as well be a two seater though cos it is damn near impossible to fit in the back!

2006Alfa Brera (not soon enough)
2005 MG ZT 120
2004 MG TF160
1972 MGB
1972 MGB GT 2.0L

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.