MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read about cleaning the PCV . And when i tried to remove it i also have to take out the return pipe between 2nd and 3rd injector.But the pipe broke from the injector and i can't put it back.
Do you think i broke the injector or it is fixable someway.
PS. i'm so stupid :( i'll never try to do something on my own again.:(

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
I read about cleaning the PCV . And when i tried to remove it i also have to take out the return pipe between 2nd and 3rd injector.But the pipe broke from the injector and i can't put it back.
Do you think i broke the injector or it is fixable someway.
PS. i'm so stupid :( i'll never try to do something on my own again.:(
Are you talking about the fuel rail which runs across the top of the injectors? Is the rail broken or has is just come away from one of the injectors? If it has then you should be able to fit it back on. There is a spring clip which secures the injector into the fuel rail, it may be that the spring is still in place and is stopping you refitting the injector into the rail. If it is in place then remove it and then put the injector back in before refitting the spring clip.

Hope this assist.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The pipe that runs on the top of the injectors from one to another . The pipe fell from the injector. But i can't fit it back on because the metal pipe (about 2-3mm long,located on the injector left side) broke :(

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the hlep anyway :)
I'm waiting for couple of mechanics to come after 30 minutes.
But hope it's not an injector broken.(in that case 400-500eur is the price :( )

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The technicians said that it's just a plastic cap for the injector , hope he will replace it tomorow. :)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Good news. Don't be put off in doing the work on your own car. You'll get to know it a lot better and will have more satisfaction when you do the work yourself.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
At the end the broken thing was only a small plastic 3-way pipe for connecting the injector with the excess fuel pipes :)
Cost me 25 Eur for the technicians to come twice and the repair took about 10 minutes. :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts