MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

as you may have read already, Im lookin dfor a MG ZR 120 and I would like your advice on some cars on Autotrader;)

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www...&hassearched=Y

Im looking at the first two and the 9th one (grey, from Cranham)

The first one nhas probably got a very highh milage or so, otherwise it wouldnt be so cheap?!?:-/ Ive already mailed him, askin about saome pics and the milage, but the email adress doesnt seem to work!
Not sure about the second one, the price seems alright.
And the 9th one seems quite promising, but its a bit too expensive,...its a trade sell, so will I be able to maybe push the price down?
Or does anybody have any further information?
What do you think? Are there any questions I should always ask!?
I no its quite a lot of questions but Id really appreciate it if youd be able to help me!

Thanks very much :)

Lucozade

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
Most people are always open to negotiation on the price and advertised prices are always above actual wanted prices. With ZR's 25's in particular you should be looking for a good service history, and it to have all MOT'S, ask about head gaskets and wether or not they have been changed, especially the 2nd one as its around then they seem to go. I'm curious where the engine warranty comes from on the private sale? If its a third party supplied warranty such as those from warranty direct check the clauses. Personally I'd go for the dealer supplied vehicle with half the miles and a warranty from themselves negotiated into the price. I'd say you'd have yourself a tidy bargain then.

At the end of the day though nothing serves better than to see it and give it a test drive.

HTH

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cheers mate! Did you mean the 9th one in particular or just generally?
You´re right, but my problem is, that im in germany a the moment and myy uncle would be the only one I could ask to testdrive it for me.
Do you think the silver one would be worth checkin on?
Ill email the seller and see what he sais

Thanks,

Lukas

1 - 4 of 4 Posts