MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A guy on another forum just posted this pic, and I am wondering if you can get this cam cover seperately?

*Dreams of a Lotus cam cover and a perspex shelf for shows*
:D

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
A mate of mine wnated one, he told me you can get them seperately but they are silly money. Not sure what silly money is, but i would think Fleabay or the SELOC forums would be a good place to start! :)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
When you say silly money, what level are we talking?

Anymore than 50 sheets and Lotus can do one! :rotflmao:

·
Registered
417 Posts
Metro - "Lotus Performance"

Cummon, that has to be on par with putting a "RS Turbo" sticker on a 1.1 poplar Fiesta!?!?

In an F it wouldn't be so bad as at least it's nearly the same engine! :)

·
Registered
417 Posts
Exactly the same engine!?!? Blimey I retract my statement!

What Metro was that? The GTi?

Did that engine cover come as standard then on the Metty??

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not sure what it started out as, but had the conversion done last year using an 18k mile 120 MPi K-Series from a written off Elise.

Pretty bloody quick!

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
So who's going to be the first to fit the engine from a written off Exige S into an MGF?
The Exige VHPD engine has been fitted in a few F's over the years. The '190' engines are not a huge amount more then a standard K-series to buy used. I use '190' loosly as a large propotion of these engine didnt produce that much.
There are donw sides though, you would need to cut a large chunk out the boot wall in order to accomodate VHPD throttle bodies and air box though, plus I beleive rebuilds every 40K are recomended.
As for metty conversions, check out the Ryland website where they sell convertions to enable the 160BHP VVC engine to be fitted...........

·
Registered
86 Posts
I assume you're talking about the 190 VHPD from the S1 Exige?

What about the Exige S2/Elise 111R engines (Toyota VVTLi) or the Exige S (Toyota + supercharger). If it fits in an Elise/Exige surely it can't be too hard to get it into an MGF (although finding an engine may be the tricky bit!!)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts