MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This forum seems to think the SUN shines from the **** of NAC. WHY??? SAIC at least talked to MG Rover about a deal and finally didn't pursue it.. Where was NAC? They didn't talk.. they sat around till Rover was dead and bought the leftovers!!!!

Now were supposed to get excited about them RE-launching OLD models that not enough people wanted when they were sold before! It seems we get HUGE negative threads about the 'fact' that SAIC models are made of crepe paper and the engines are balsa wood and totally crap.. yet NAC roll out a MG badged 75 with new rear lights (OHH AHHH HOW FAB!) and everyone cheers!!! Oh yes they SAY they will start building cars in Longbridge... SO? IF they do and its a big IF then it looks like yet more rehashed OLD models and then PROBABALY just assembled from KITS....( oh lets see shall I build in China where we pay a worker £1 a day or hyper expensive uk ummm let me try and decide!!!)

So lets all get real and accept that MG Rover is GONE and what we are seeing is no more significant than when Austin sold the production line for the Maestro for instance ...no one went Hurrah third world country making our old cast offs....or a polski fiat ( remeber that? )

Its over move on!!!!!

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
This forum seems to think the SUN shines from the **** of NAC. WHY??? SAIC at least talked to MG Rover about a deal and finally didn't pursue it.. Where was NAC? They didn't talk.. they sat around till Rover was dead and bought the leftovers!!!!

Now were supposed to get excited about them RE-launching OLD models that not enough people wanted when they were sold before! It seems we get HUGE negative threads about the 'fact' that SAIC models are made of crepe paper and the engines are balsa wood and totally crap.. yet NAC roll out a MG badged 75 with new rear lights (OHH AHHH HOW FAB!) and everyone cheers!!! Oh yes they SAY they will start building cars in Longbridge... SO? IF they do and its a big IF then it looks like yet more rehashed OLD models and then PROBABALY just assembled from KITS....( oh lets see shall I build in China where we pay a worker £1 a day or hyper expensive uk ummm let me try and decide!!!)

So lets all get real and accept that MG Rover is GONE and what we are seeing is no more significant than when Austin sold the production line for the Maestro for instance ...no one went Hurrah third world country making our old cast offs....or a polski fiat ( remeber that? )

Its over move on!!!!!
and breeeeeeeeeeeeeath :)

·
Registered
19,006 Posts
I hear what your saying, but whats your point. Are we expecting a discussion about how we should move? :dunno:

·
Registered
6,361 Posts

Its over move on!!!!!

It's not over, it'a just beginning, but it also has some continuity, rightly or wrongly. How well it will do is another matter. But cut it some slack. While no one would argue about the difficulty of selling old models, you really don't know what they'll be selling or how, and like others seem unable to grasp the simple fact that the target sales for these models are not high. It really shouldn't be a problem that others are optimistic.

Meanwhile, good future or bad future, talking about MG - and Rover - is what this forum is all about. It's not up to you what people post or whether one company owning MG as opposed to another should mean they shouldn't botyer. If you think no one else should post about MG then why are you bothering?

PS I don't really understand your commenmts about SAIC and NAC talking/not talking, why that might be good or bad, or what relevence it has.

·
Registered
rover_25
326 Posts
SAIC at least talked to MG Rover about a deal and finally didn't pursue it.. Where was NAC? They didn't talk.. they sat around till Rover was dead and bought the leftovers!!!!
Sorry, but you are wrong. The deal with SAIC didn't happen because SAIC were the ones that sat around till Rover was dead. Not NAC. SAIC waited for MG-Rover to close, to buy the leftovers for a cheaper price. Fortunately, they lost it for NAC.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
NAC were actually a partner in the SAIC/MG Rover joint venture, and when SAIC pulled out, NAC went with it.

I guess you'll be eating your words after 29th May, when Longbridge is officially declared open and producing TF's again!

Its over move on!!!!!
Yep, perhaps it is time for you to move on - isn't there another forum you can continue to spout your negativity on.

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Definitely sounds like Rover Jockey, but not enough pals :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus: :cus:

·
Registered
4,115 Posts
wow mega and roverjockey have had a lovechild and it has learnt to post on forums :rofl:
mega!!! LMAO :happy:

gonna use this useless thread to pass a PM:
dentricrio, is your car sprayed in mat black?
if yes, I'd love to see some pics.

·
Registered
mg_tf
8,321 Posts
I don't agree with the content of RichardB's post, but some of what he says has validity. This forum does seem to favour NAC over SAIC (I hold up my hand to prefering NAC to SAIC), and is very rose tinted in the spectacle department about the output of NAC to date. And he is entitled to his opinion whetehr we agree with him or not.

·
Registered
mg_zt
84 Posts
I don't agree with the content of RichardB's post, but some of what he says has validity. This forum does seem to favour NAC over SAIC (I hold up my hand to prefering NAC to SAIC), and is very rose tinted in the spectacle department about the output of NAC to date. And he is entitled to his opinion whetehr we agree with him or not.
Agree but a bit of clarity may help regarding preferences for branding.

NAC have the MG brand, the only thing that remains from the MG-Rover portfolio before the collapse. They will also assemble cars in the UK sporting that brand. Hence the preference for NAC. SAIC have nothing, therefore there is no reason to have interest in SAIC if you are an MG-Rover enthusiast.

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
Consider yourself shouted AT! ...:rofl:

However, there are those that since the final closure of Longbridge under the remnant MG-R and the subsequent Vultures circling overhead, have yet to see anything really tangeable to get excited about at all since that sad day back in April 2005. I include myself in that group.

As always, I shall reserve judgement. I expect it will be three or more years at least before we know the full extent of the production of cars in Longbridge or anywhere in the UK for that matter. For numerous reasons, my personal view is that the Chinese will NOT take the UK market too seriously for several years if at all. They have bigger fish to fry elsewhere in the world. From the commercial standpoint, they will be right to concentrate on that.

As far as the names of Rover and MG are concerned, for the vast majority of the UK car consumers, those names will forever be tainted.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts

Its over move on!!!!!
There was a thread about this a little while back- can't be bothered arguing all over again. SAIC= bad.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts