MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

I saw one of these today.... the guy had the cheek to try it on with me comming off a roundabout onto a duel carridgeway i was in 3rd then saw him go for it so i dropped a cog and left him for dust:lol: I was unimpressed with the lack of power considering it was an AMG version either that or the guy just didnt know ho to drive it, even up to 140mph it was way behind!
Has anyone driven one of these? Anyone care to shed some light on specs ect?

This was in Germany on the autobahn BTW;)

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
was he actually racing you? cos i reckon hed go so fast hed get to your house cook your tea piss on your dinner and leave before you got home! and you wouldnt even no it!

if it was teh amg one its liek 360 bhp and then next oen down from that is 272 bhp and the very bottom of range one is 163bhp. so i reckon he a) was not even racing you (i mean hes a amg why would he bother?!) or b) it was actually a dog driving and it couldnt see over the dashboard! lol

just joking but not really lol

·
Registered
191 Posts
My boss has got one and been in it with him a few times. IMO he was not racing you as if he was would have left you on the roundabout (if it was a AMG one). The in gear acceleration is breathtaking. IIRC boss could take his 2nd gear to about 80 ish. Dunno the 0-60 but will be sub 5sec i think

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
yeah its 4.7! really tho guys that have amgs dont race people - there just not the type of guy that would bother risking loosing so much cash if there was an accident - im sure he knew he could whip your ass so didnt bother!

and as for pissing on peoples dinner - if you gotta go you gotta go! and if theres no vinegar left well then its a must :rotflmao:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well this guy wasnt just cruising!! I left the roundabout in 2nd @8500rpm and he was accelerating hard behind me in the outside lane so Yes i believe he was having a go :lol: So maybe it wasnt an Amg then ( i thought the styling was) but what do i know its a merc:wtf:

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Mybe the 163bhp one although by the styling and leather interior (roof was down) ect i didnt look "bottom of the range"

·
Registered
mg_tf
436 Posts
it would have you any day of the week! they look stunning and are very quick. He was probably laughing at you ragging the bollx of your F (8500rpm), and thats why he couldnt catch you :hyper:

·
Registered
30,859 Posts
they do 0-60 in 4.7 secs, you wouldnt get a look in! you have got no chance! and even the bottom of the range look the dogs.

even if your car revs to the limiter your peak power stops below the highest rating no matter what you have doen to your car!

·
Registered
mg_tf
205 Posts
I'm sure that was the model that did very well on the Top Gear Lap Time Board, If I remember it did very well against some supercars on wet laps.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thats an slk not an sl

im talking about the slk as first pictured not the sl55 amg pic here

·
Registered
9,119 Posts
N1CK said:
thats an slk not an sl

im talking about the slk as first pictured not the sl55 amg pic here

I must say if there was ever a Merc that I would like then that would be the one. Either that, or the SLR McLaren. :hyper:

Shame however, that the SL has fallen victim to the Bling culture responsible for some of the worst taste in car modifications, on par with the spinning disc wheel covers. :bigeyes:

I can't say that I like the new SLK that much however, I was'nt a fan of the original much either...

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
well nick you do have a fast car to right? so that's would explain it abit? =p

ive seen about 3 of those about very stylish! =) all in sliver so could poss be the same car hehe

·
Registered
793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Fairly quick yes....... no chance against an sl55 or amg sl55 theres no doubt about it!! i was talking about the new slk55 and if you ask me from my experience yesterday they aint all that ;)

oh we bought a new 8week old bulldog pup yesterday too:hyper: :cool:

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
that car u posted at the top of the apge is just a standard new model slk. they look really aggressive. and the models are pretty close in terms of performance, quite a few reviews have put the base model not tto far behind the faster one. but they are both extremely ruthless in easily losing the back end.

so my reckoning, he may have been going fast but not going all out, new car?? still bedding in properly, could have easily wanted to race u but had to go 70% maybe??

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

1 - 20 of 24 Posts