MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Finally picked up my ZT today :cloud9: it's sitting outside my window as I type.

It's a 52 plate (Jan 2003) ZT+ 160 1.8T and it's bloomin gorgeous.

It has the driver intelligence pack, and is nice and speedy :devil:

Can't stay too long to talk, I have some driving to do! :rvd: :rvd: :rvd:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just got back in :D

The more I drive it the better it feels. I don't think you appreciate how aggressive these things look until you have one parked outside your window ;)

Ahhh my car life is great again :D:D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
56 Posts
Advocate said:
Hi all,

Finally picked up my ZT today :cloud9: it's sitting outside my window as I type.

It's a 52 plate (Jan 2003) ZT+ 160 1.8T and it's bloomin gorgeous.

It has the driver intelligence pack, and is nice and speedy :devil:

Can't stay too long to talk, I have some driving to do! :rvd: :rvd: :rvd:
Hmmm, bloomin gorgeous, is that a monogram colour? I imagine it's a bright orangey yellow...

Andy
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol

Trophy Blue is the colour

My only point of concern are the tyres. The front tyres have far more tread on them than the rear. The car also has tyres from 3 different manufacturers on it :s

The front tyres look new and I've never heard of them, they have Maxxis printed on the wall, whilst one of the rears is a Michelin and the other a Continental.

Is that safe?

Alistair
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,168 Posts
Alastair
I told you that you were worrying for nothing, glad you like it mate. :rocker:

As for the tyre question I have no idea I'm afraid but someone will. I look at tyres like this..........round, black with some sort of tread will do but I am probably wrong on that. Years ago I was driving around with three cross ply and one radial :eyes:

Don't forget to give way to all 75 drivers, it may be me!

Cheers

Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ken75 said:
Alastair
I told you that you were worrying for nothing, glad you like it mate. :rocker:

As for the tyre question I have no idea I'm afraid but someone will. I look at tyres like this..........round, black with some sort of tread will do but I am probably wrong on that. Years ago I was driving around with three cross ply and one radial :eyes:

Don't forget to give way to all 75 drivers, it may be me!

Cheers

Ken
Yeah the car is gorgeous m8....vroom VROOM!!

Am itching to go for a drive somewhere, hmmm where can I go? Too early to pick the littleun up from nursery. I may well suggest a trip to the Metrocentre at the weekend, you know, so she can shop. Will have to find a more enjoyable route than the A19/A1 though, something a little more winding ;)

As an added bonus, picked up my payslip from work today and our new Agenda For Change contract/terms has meant that this month I got paid £250 over what I normally get paid due to the way they pay unsocial hours payments. Three months like this and I can have a set of Pirelli P-Zeros ;)

Alistair

P.S. Have uploaded first pic of car to my gallery but have to wait for the pic to be approved
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
So, what do you make of the performance then. I settled on the 160 rather than the 190 because I was basically getting an excellent deal. Is it fast enough for you?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
selwonk said:
So, what do you make of the performance then. I settled on the 160 rather than the 190 because I was basically getting an excellent deal. Is it fast enough for you?
Well, seeing as though I'm coming from a Renault Megane Scenic with a 1.6 engine the performance is more than ideal for me ;)

The whole thing just feels.........solid. Tis the only word I can think of to describe it. Classy car with a tiger under the bonnet :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
783 Posts
Advocate said:
Well, seeing as though I'm coming from a Renault Megane Scenic with a 1.6 engine the performance is more than ideal for me ;)

The whole thing just feels.........solid. Tis the only word I can think of to describe it. Classy car with a tiger under the bonnet :D
Excellent! Well done mate. I'll look forward to the call from the garage...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
Glad you got it at last. Pirelli P-Zeros were the grippiest tyre I had on my ZT... I tried Michelin Pilot Sports, Pirelli & Conti.

They will wear quick tho... just to warn you.

Andy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Need to get myself a depth gauge for the tyres as I'm not sure what amount of tread is on the rears and if I'm going to go back to the dealer and ask for new tyres it would be handy to know what's on them :)

Looking forward to the run up to Edinburgh, am going to combine it with a trip to Edinburgh Zoo with the kids (only way to appease the Missus re a trip to Edinburgh "just for a wheel" tsch!)

Will get in touch about that soon mate. :)

Alistair
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
It is safer to have the less worn tread at the back of the car as if you get into a spin the car will spin around the end with the most grip. So if you have better tyres at the front you are more likely to lose the back end. If you have better tyres at the back... well, its a bit harder to lose the front end isn't it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,103 Posts
True... I'd opt for the better tread at the back also.. for the same reasons.

Although... with the ZT being a FWD car with a fair weight, it'll tend to understeer at the best of times... even worse with worn front tyres. Although... it's easier for us novice drivers to get a car with understeer back under control (lift off the gas and hope the traction comes back) compared to a car with oversteer (opposite lock and plant the right foot).

Andy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,847 Posts
Advocate said:
The whole thing just feels.........solid. Tis the only word I can think of to describe it. Classy car with a tiger under the bonnet :D
All I can say is...enjoy. ZT withdrawl ain't good...!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
gorrieman said:
True... I'd opt for the better tread at the back also.. for the same reasons.

.... (opposite lock and plant the right foot).

Andy.
Ooh that sounds like fun! :naughty:

The more I drive my ZT the more I love it. Just discovered today that she has rain sensing wipers and 'see me home' headlights :D

The Kenwood sound system, while criticised by many sounds quite good to my ears, the only annoying thing about it is that every so often the sound disappears for about a second then comes back. I can only assume this is because traffic alerts are switched on. Will have to read the manual to see how to switch em off.

Roll on tomorrow and more excuses to go out :=p:

Alistair
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top