MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All, preparing for the F coming out of hibernation in a couple of weeks, the back spheres look a little low so need a bit of fluid and a pump up (does not appear to be any signs of a leak)

Can anyone recommend any where in or around Merseyside where I can get this done at a reasonable cost or should I invest in a DIY pump of the internet?

Your help and advice as always is appreciated (y)

·
Registered
mg_zt
92 Posts
Pumps are cheap and online from 40 quid to 100s. Firstly the car will be lower in fact the manual suggests up to 0.6cm loss per 1 degree below 17. So 10 degrees is 6cm drop. Which is what most look like in the freezing weather. So i wouldn't rush to pumping up ur suspension until it gets a bit hotter. You could measure it some day when closer to 15 or so degrees. And what u want is 364mm from center of wheel to wheel arch front and rear. There is a setup guide which goes through these steps i u google for it.

Sent from my SM-A715F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
215 Posts
Mine get's done every few years. Bought an eBay pump the decent one not the bike pump style type and it worked a treat. Kept putting off buying one, thinking I would flog the F; but 17yrs later!

·
Registered
mgf
70 Posts
i also bought one last christmas as one of my rear sphere split and the mgr dropped to the arch, i paid £42 for the bike pump type and £20 or so for the fluid as i couldnt drive the car to get it pumped up at a garage nearest one being 45 miles away, once i changed the sphere it pumped up brilliantly, wasnt a difficult job, my opinion its definately worth buying one.

·
Registered
402 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all for your responses and advice, I will probably go down the buying the pump and do it myself when the weathers a bit warmer

1 - 10 of 10 Posts