MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 214si has been running a bit slow the past week and been a bit juddery,i think it maybe the ht leads but am not 100% sure.is there any ways of checking them to see if they are ok.im pretty sure that they are the original leads that were put on in the factory and the prevoius owner was elderly and only did 2000 miles in the past 4 years without really looking after it and the car was sat dormant for months on end.

i changed the plugs when i got the car about 2 weeks ago and the old ones seemed ok,not oily or anything but the car was very juddery.the new plugs cured the juddering but there was a definate loss of power.i did actually put the old plugs back in to see if the power loss was due to the plugs but it didnt make any differance.

i did notice that one of the leads was split slightly on one side where it sits over the plug,its not gone all the way through but its definatly there and i think i did it when i was changing the plugs.could/would this cause power loss??

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
in short yes, replace them, worth doing the distributor cap and rotor arm at the same time if you dont know when they were last done.

andy

·
Registered
3 Posts
my car.... misfires like **** from setting off...all through the gears and when ticking over judderes nd rpm pin wobbles slightly hovering around 1000rpm... changed plugs, cured it for about a day then the problem came back what could be the problem>? cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts