MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
emergency repair.started car,then cutout,try restarting,check spark plugs soaking wet.removed coil lead from dis cap.found lead came away from plug.lead had perished no carbon showing.nearest scrap yard 5 miles away.found electrical cable twin wire..cut to length.bare 1" cable both ends twisted wires together,then bent wires back along cable.placed onto the original ends,clamp together with pliers.put on protected rubber slid onto coil.the other end put back into the cap,without the elbow cover.got started straight away.got to scrap yard and replaced with proper lead.

·
Registered
2,153 Posts
yeah nothing like a bit of make do and mend

years ago i had a hillman avenger ..

the headgasket went .....

trouble was at the time there was an emergency on at work ..which meant loads of overtime double shifts weekends etc ..
lots of money to be made

for doing nothing but sit there supervising a pump...

the car would not start in the end ............so i took to filling it with water and leaving the rad cap off ...........it was winter and i only had to drive about four miles...........so the coolant wasn't under pressure and didn't enter the cylinders when i left it parked .......

in the end i had to stop putting water in it .........as mates got peed off with pushing it to get it started.

but it lasted me 2 months.........was totally buggerd after that ........but it didn't matter...........as i was making up to £1000 a week, this was back in 1990.

all the best....mark

1 - 2 of 2 Posts