MG-Rover.org Forums banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

· Registered
124 Posts
ONLY 6 DAYS TO GO 👍
Sure is..🤗.was a nightmare going home though..24 hrs..whizz cancelled 2 flights..many accepted a hotel..next flight was on wed.21st..5 nights in a hotel..we flew instead to prague..then for a ryannair flight to the uk..was over £750..yes thats correct...we will claim everything back where we can.
Disgraceful..would never fly again with wizzair.

· Registered
13 Posts
Hi I ordered my hs exclusive auto in may when I ordered it the sky roof was still available now it isn’t will they still honour my order and put skyroof on it as that’s one of the reasons I ordered the car along with super sport lol

· Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my HS Excite in February..never got any build dates..but was promised the car for June..then August..got a message to say it was in the showroom..collected it on the 21st Sept.. I didnt want the panoramic roof..didnt see a need to let all the flying insects into the car..aircon on in the summer..heating on in the winter..very pleased with the car though..no android play as there is an aerial issue where it uses sattelite to receive..so have one stuck on the windscreen temporary for the radio only.. Was told by my dealer that there will be no panoramic roofs on their cars anymore, cant remember what date..but i think its on any new orders.

· Registered
173 Posts
I reported the removal of the sun roof some 6 - 8 weeks ago, you must have missed my post.
As for them fitting a sun roof, to be honest, I don't think you have any chance !
I have the sun roof, and I've never used it, apart from sliding back the sun shade. If there was no sun roof, I wouldn't be bothered.
I've fallen out of love for my MG, I wish I purchased the KIA or the MAZDA !

I'm STILL waiting for parts to come in for my none operating door mirrors !

· Registered
13 Posts
Thanx for your reply’s I was hoping for it soon but the way things are prob next year was wanting the sunroof mostly to let more light in the cabin sorry never read your post as I just joined the forums but I will have a look to see the other probs with the car never new that about dab radio either got a lot to look at on here thanx again

· Registered
83 Posts
I ordered my HS Excite in February..never got any build dates..but was promised the car for June..then August..got a message to say it was in the showroom..collected it on the 21st Sept.. I didnt want the panoramic roof..didnt see a need to let all the flying insects into the car..aircon on in the summer..heating on in the winter..very pleased with the car though..no android play as there is an aerial issue where it uses sattelite to receive..so have one stuck on the windscreen temporary for the radio only.. Was told by my dealer that there will be no panoramic roofs on their cars anymore, cant remember what date..but i think its on any new orders.
1st July was the supposed last order date for Exclusive models with Pan roofs, they would come with Tinted Glass after that.

Android play won't have anything to do with the aerial, it's a phone app and you either need to plug your phone into the USB socket in the front or enable Bluetooth pairing on your phone and connect it that way.
DAB radio might be an issue for the aerial on the windscreen, and when the appropriate chips become available again you'll get a recall notice from your dealer to come in where they will sort it out and remove the cable and windscreen aerial.

· Registered
13 Posts
UPDATE 2 Went into my dealership today 5th October and my rep told me that my car is on the ship heading to the UK and i should get it by the end of November
Great news u getting your car next month I ordered mine in may phones up mg yesterday was told order is TBA not looking good for me to get this year I would cancel but everyone else is having the same delivery probs maybe not as bad as mg so will just have to be more patient till it is ready to pick up

· Registered
173 Posts
Great news u getting your car next month I ordered mine in may phones up mg yesterday was told order is TBA not looking good for me to get this year I would cancel but everyone else is having the same delivery probs maybe not as bad as mg so will just have to be more patient till it is ready to pick up
The ONLY good thing about your new car, it'll have a 2023 plate !

· Registered
173 Posts
getting really worried about all the problems mg hs are having I might still cancel it’s crazy how much stuff going wrong I don’t no if it’s every mg hs or just a few but worrying nevertheless
I've purchased a few brand new cars, and NEVER had problems with obtaining spare parts after something has gone wrong under warranty.
it might just be me with the electrical problems, but there are better manufacturers out there, who can sort out minor electrical problems.
yes, the MG is a good ride and comfortable, but so are many other cars in today's world.
it's REALLY up to you, there must be people who have never had problems with their MG and really, the miles to the gallon is NOT marvellous !

· Registered
13 Posts
Well having contemplated cancelling my order I got a phone call from my mg dealer yesterday saying they have a cancellation order and you can have that one it comes in the showroom on Thursday and I can pick up mom-tue next week it’s exactly what I ordered hs exclusive auto in red has the sunroof as well now I’m excited and nervous at the same time with the probs people having

· Registered
1 Posts
I ordered my Zs in Sept 22, told 16 weeks, read somewhere jta more like 24 weeks. Spoke to Bristol Street motors and changed my order to a HS auto in greyv( the salesmen said its the only colour which will arrive quickly) also no sunroof as that slows down production... so now time scale us 8 weeks.??

· Registered
13 Posts
I ordered my Zs in Sept 22, told 16 weeks, read somewhere jta more like 24 weeks. Spoke to Bristol Street motors and changed my order to a HS auto in greyv( the salesmen said its the only colour which will arrive quickly) also no sunroof as that slows down production... so now time scale us 8 weeks.??
no sunroof after July stoped doing them u will get tinted back windows though 8 weeks good luck with that I ordered in may and still no build date lucky there was a cancelled order or I would be next year most people waiting between 6 months and 1 yr

· Registered
13 Posts
update I picked my hs exclusive auto up yesterday in red has sunroof and tinted back windows looks amazing comfortable to drive love the electric seats and ambient lighting I used the super sport button with the paddle shifters wow I still have a smile on my face it’s rapid and connected my phone through Bluetooth aswell

· Registered
173 Posts
update I picked my hs exclusive auto up yesterday in red has sunroof and tinted back windows looks amazing comfortable to drive love the electric seats and ambient lighting I used the super sport button with the paddle shifters wow I still have a smile on my face it’s rapid and connected my phone through Bluetooth aswell
Don't use my paddles, by accident, I touched one of the paddles, trouble is I don't know how to get normal auto, had to stop, switch off the engine then re-start and as for the paddles, you can take them out for me!

· Registered
4 Posts
UPDATE 2 Went into my dealership today 5th October and my rep told me that my car is on the ship heading to the UK and i should get it by the end of November
UPDATE 3 Been told today my car is in the country and will be at the dealership on the 10th November and will be able to take delivery the 14th-16th November 8 months after ordering!

· Registered
14 Posts
Ordered my MG HS DCT Exclusive in dynamic red on 5th October 22, have been getting fortnightly updates from dealer but no build date yet but hoping March 23 remains the case.

Have since been reading about various electrical issues and wondering how these pass the final factory check process as they come of production lines.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts