MG-Rover.org Forums banner
61 - 78 of 78 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
It’s nice to hear from others in the same predicament and know you’re not alone. I ordered 2 MGs! a HS in mid December 2021 and my wife ordered a ZS end of December. Original date end of march for both. Both with Arnold Clark, they’ve not kept us up to date and we have to chase it. Date keeps being pushed back.

Most recent call a few days ago the dealer insisted a batch of HSs including mine are coming mid July but the ZS is pushed till September. Hard to know what to believe now as all he had was an estimated delivery date which he insisted would happen but that’s clearly not very reliable any more… would love to cancel and go elsewhere but the we bought both cars with the mg affinity deal and there’s really no SUVs any where near this price point with the discounts.

Baby due in august and we’re desperate to have a bigger car for then so just have to keep the fingers crossed. just hoping it doesn’t take a full year like someone above!
My car arrived… in white instead of black 🤦‍♂️ Apparently this happened because I got the colour for free with the mg affinity deal. But I still don’t get how the mistake was made. They’ve sourced an mg hs in Liverpool Arnold Clark and are just waiting for the transport to bring it up. A batch has appeared to arrive!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi! I’ve been lurking for a few months and finally decided to register! I ordered my HS manual Exclusive in dynamic red on the infinity program back in January. Not heard anything till last week when I was told it’s in stock! I’m picking it up on Thursday.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I don’t have mine yet, 2 more sleeps! But isn’t this to do with auto locking of the doors when driving off? I had this with other cars I’ve owned and I just disabled it.
Had that on my merc..a great asset..keeps my wife safe..my daughter safe..as no one can open the doors in traffic or at lights to steal their handbags..where most women keep them..why disable it..i would rather pull the handle twice than remove it.
But maybe dealerships can solve the issue.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Had that on my merc..a great asset..keeps my wife safe..my daughter safe..as no one can open the doors in traffic or at lights to steal their handbags..where most women keep them..why disable it..i would rather pull the handle twice than remove it.
But maybe dealerships can solve the issue.
I of course agree with your comments, especially if you do a lot of town (stop/start) driving. But local driving and location it maybe not needed. I was just answering why the handle needs to be pulled twice :unsure:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Have been waiting nearly 9 months from my order date, with the dealer not really being able to give positive updates on delivery times. until now.
Good news, dealership phoned two weeks ago was my car was on the next shipment,was due to dock in UK middle to end of July with delivery to dealership and me in August. Hip Hip Hurray. But hold on!!! They must have fitted the cargo ship with a Warp Drive., phone call from dealership yesterday, my car has arrived and I can pick up next Wednesday.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Have been waiting nearly 9 months from my order date, with the dealer not really being able to give positive updates on delivery times. until now.
Good news, dealership phoned two weeks ago was my car was on the next shipment,was due to dock in UK middle to end of July with delivery to dealership and me in August. Hip Hip Hurray. But hold on!!! They must have fitted the cargo ship with a Warp Drive., phone call from dealership yesterday, my car has arrived and I can pick up next Wednesday.
Wow..what a great surprise..i am going abroad to my other home next week..wont be back till middle of sept
Hope i have some news then..if it arrives early..they can look after it.🤣

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered my MG HS Excite Auto in black pearl the end of Febuary 2022 through Motability been ringing up the dealer nearly every week since to try and get an update but my rep won't give me a date I spoke to a different rep a couple of weeks ago and he told me that i've got an ETD of 3rd September but that is subject to change (could be earlier or later). the only good thing about that is if it does arrive on 3rd Sept it will be on a new 72 plate!
UPDATE
Just rang my dealership to check on progress and was told that all orders are now "TBA"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Well I am lucky enough to be collecting mine next Saturday (Dealership has the car today, but their rules with Motability means there has to be a minumu four days before I can have the keys). I am lucky tho as my previous car (the shitezuki SCross), was up for renewal in February of this year. From what I have read this is an exceptionally short wait.

I do hope the supply chain gets the much needed injection of chip-fab capability soon for everyone waiting.

·
Registered
3 Posts
My car arrived… in white instead of black 🤦‍♂️ Apparently this happened because I got the colour for free with the mg affinity deal. But I still don’t get how the mistake was made. They’ve sourced an mg hs in Liverpool Arnold Clark and are just waiting for the transport to bring it up. A batch has appeared to arrive!
Got my car today! Feel quite lucky. Asked the salesman how many they got in and he said 3, and they’re waiting on hundreds…

·
Registered
80 Posts
Well I am lucky enough to be collecting mine next Saturday (Dealership has the car today, but their rules with Motability means there has to be a minumu four days before I can have the keys). I am lucky tho as my previous car (the shitezuki SCross), was up for renewal in February of this year. From what I have read this is an exceptionally short wait.

I do hope the supply chain gets the much needed injection of chip-fab capability soon for everyone waiting.
Good for you..not sure why motability want to keep it for 4 days extra..after making us wait months..i am on my hols on friday for a few months...if its not here end of sept..i will cancel the order. If i am allowed to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
have a nice holiday Truckboy and you should be able to cancel an order. I’ve cancelled two orders this year - Ford Ecosport and then the Vauxhall Mokka-e before I ordered the MG.

it’s your money and needs etc.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I initially ordered my MG Electric middle of may.. 1 week later my dealer phoned me and told me that they have suspended new orders until further notice. So I’m now getting a MG HS they did curb the petrol HS but put it back on again.. was told an estimated date of the beginning of August… this is what she said
As far as I'm aware on the system there are still estimated dates of August but they havent confirmed anything yet - MG usually give us updates at the beginning of each month confirmed things for that month. Hopefully we find out something more soon 😊

·
Registered
80 Posts
I initially ordered my MG Electric middle of may.. 1 week later my dealer phoned me and told me that they have suspended new orders until further notice. So I’m now getting a MG HS they did curb the petrol HS but put it back on again.. was told an estimated date of the beginning of August… this is what she said
As far as I'm aware on the system there are still estimated dates of August but they havent confirmed anything yet - MG usually give us updates at the beginning of each month confirmed things for that month. Hopefully we find out something more soon 😊
My dealer..Barnes..maidstone..was told
T.B.A. like many others
.but its not only M.G.its other marques as well.

61 - 78 of 78 Posts