MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Starlight Silver MG TF 135
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am somewhat confused about where the Relay for Heated Rear Window should be fitted, on my 2002 TF135.

I was supplied (by MGFandTF Bitz) with relay YWB000440P, which is a small black relay, which I now suspect is for post 2004 cars Rimmers indicate post from VIN 5D639631
as my car is VIN 611087 and has a passenger fusebox with the empty relay slot shown below:
Material property Gas Electric blue Shelf Plastic

I suspect that I need the larger relay, part No.
YWB10012L
which looks as if it would fit my vacant socket BUT, Rimmers describe this relay as: "underbonnet - hard top heated window", so I am, I think understandably, confused!!

Searching through previous threads, a helpful comment was:
The relay fits into the lower position in the fusebox in the drivers side footwell.It can be a tight fit.
When you check if its working the engine must be running since it is linked to the oil pressure switch. Otherwise the switch will light but the power will not reach the rear screen
But I am wondering if there is an underbonnet relay to detect oil pressure, which then sends volts to the relay in the passenger compartment, to "allow" it to send volts to the HRW?

Can anyone shed some light??

Rover Lifestyle
Rover 200 Rover 600
In this thread: MG F/TF Fuse & Relay Listing I explained position of HRW relay and type of relay which must be used, and confirms what you found out.

Regarding question of oil pressure switch, yes it influence operation of HRW. However there is no relay under bonnet for that, but within Multi Function Unit - red box bolted onto back side of fusebox you pictured above. So MFU controls HRW relay.

Registered
Starlight Silver MG TF 135
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, Roverlike, for pointing me in the direction of your very informative description of Fuses etc. I had forgotten that it showed where (and which) RELAYS go, and what they do, as well as FUSES.
In this thread: MG F/TF Fuse & Relay Listing I explained position of HRW relay and type of relay which must be used.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts