MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi ,
I've been offered a 52mm Ally Throttle Body, a set of AP red calipers, w/ front discs and pads all for £300..

second hand....

what you guys think of that?

·
Registered
mgf
654 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know the TB is fine and dandy and the calipers are fine... the discs are ok - can be used easily.. but will need replacing in a few... pads - couldn't really see in the time I had...

·
Registered
1,832 Posts

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Sorry to add this also, but it doesn't look like you're getting everything you need to fit the AP Calipers either.

I may be wrong of course and the seller just may not of added everything to the pic but I would check.

I have to agree with samuel though. You can pick up brand new sets including absolutely everything needed for a straight swap on flea bay for £200-250 and 52mm TB's are normally about £60-85.

My advice - hang fire and wait for a better deal.

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
there is a member on ebay who sells the calipers, discs and pads (Complete front hubs) for around £200 - Brand new.

TB brand new is £120

Therefore i think £300 is way too expensive for used parts. You can buy new for that!!

IMO of course

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
that's the set I bought!!
Great value. (3195harris from memory)

Not sure my missus would've been happy about me keeping them on the bad like that though!!!

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
Well luckily for me (or not) mine split up with me last week so the main lady in my life now is Tellula my F:)

And it was the lightest point in my room at the time for a good pic ;)

Yeah it was the ebayer you said Pete, really prompt service too :)

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
Stampy said:
Well luckily for me (or not) mine split up with me last week so the main lady in my life now is Tellula my F:)

And it was the lightest point in my room at the time for a good pic ;)

Yeah it was the ebayer you said Pete, really prompt service too :)
odd delivery though! - she sent one of her mates down from brum in a Ford Ka to drop them off. Quite bizzar! (sp!)

·
Registered
6,086 Posts
I paid £25 for TNT deivery - ordered on the Monday delivered by the Wednesday!

P.S you were only missing the "e" :lol: :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts