MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
rover_75_tourer
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm finally getting around to getting a dent in my front driver's side wing repaired. The chrome strip was deformed, so I picked one up from a breaker's yard the other day. It was actually still on the donor car, and the guy gently prised it off, breaking the clips which were holding it in place. I am hoping that I can reuse the clips on my car to hold the new strip, so is there some way I can get the existing strip off without breaking the clips? And is it still possible to get hold of these clips (or is there something else which does the job just as well)?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi there,

I bought several of the plastic clips 6 months ago when one of my trims decided to "ping" off away from the front of the wing on a nice hot sunny day. (Luckily the whole trim didn't come off whilst blatting down the motorway!)
I ordered them through my local ex-dealer and they arrived overnight. Sorry I can't provide the part# at present.

It's also a good opportunity to make ensure the trim is bent to the shape of the wing as best as possible by "gently" applying pressure to the trim when off the car to reduce the force on the clips holding it in place.

I would also advise replacing as many of the clips as you can - they're not expensive and they're easy to replace.

Charlie.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts