MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering as i prob do around 700 miles a week i was wondering how often you guys drive your tf? what miledge's are on your tf's?

i always hear about mg's breaking down after so many miles just worried it'l happen to me one day! =S

·
Registered
51 Posts
Drive mine every day, for work and anywhere needed in the evenings/weekend.

Doing 30 - 50 miles a day business, and then whatever social after that. In the first year I did 14500, and I'm on 19500 now.

Love every minute of it. Only problem so far is the passenger door locking motor which was replaced last month. No breakdown or other problems at all (touchwood).

Nick

·
Registered
128 Posts
Drive mine every day too, mainly to the station so it can be as little as 2 or 3 miles a day. It's coming up to a year old (only bought it last month) and it has already done 26,000... That would bother some people, but not me as I do such low mileage. By the time I'm done with it, it'll probably be spot on average mileage...

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
i drive my car everyday. all day if i could. i have owned it from new 17 months ago, and have covered 25k. no breakdowns at all. *touch wood*

the mg zr i owned beofre it was new and i owned it for a year covering about 25k in a year. never broke down either.

befor ethat was a rover 200 which i owned from a year old. had it for 3 yrears and covered approx 50k. never broke down.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Yep, every day to/from work which is 50 odd miles in total. Had the TF since September this year, I think theres about 14k on it at the mo.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
Hardly seems worth posting as i've only had the car about 6 weeks! though since having it I think ive done about about 1.5k miles, I do about 200 miles a week, no breakdowns/trouble, and one prang thanks to a stupid in a volvo, total mileage is just a bit under 13k on a 53 plate.
Though everythings happy now as it's fixed, and they did a better job than I thought they'd do! and i've got my personalised plate assigned at last! :cool:

My previous car was a new shape corsa, which from everything I read were real dogs, although mine went 26k in 2 years without any expensive noises, well any noises at all!

Having said that I think it's a small minority that do break down / have cars built on a friday afternoon, but they all make a big thing out of it (as I would myself!). As in someone rarely comes on and says how reliable their car is!

Jonathan

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
I really must come on and say how reliable my car is!

You're right Loaky, most come here to ask hor help or complain about something.

Had a '96 F for 2 years before changing to TF in April.

No TF probs at all, of course. F needed steering joints and emmission sensors at MOT after 50000 miles, otherwise just normal maintenance and consumables.

·
Registered
434 Posts
I do less than 200 miles a week (12 miles to the office and back). Also got a Ford Focus company car (the SO drives that). Use my TF most days, occasionally drive the Focus.

The TF's done 4,000 miles and is going to the dealers Monday to fix a stiff gear change under warranty.

·
Registered
other_manufacturer
1,772 Posts
Ive done 9000 miles in my TF since march 03, but i dont drive it every day. In fact most of those miles were done at weekends/holidays. If im working weekend overtime, then i sometimes dont drive it for more than a week. If its been longer than a fortnight then i usually put my Optimate bike charger on it overnight. I dont like using the car for short journeys, i.e. gym,work,shopping etc, as i think its bad for the car, I dont like doing Journeys less than about 10mile really. I reckon using the car infrequently but for long journeys is still less damaging than frequent use with lots of short journeys though.

A

·
0 Posts
I've had my TF since end of July, drive it every day, and have put 5k on the clock so far - and it was off the road for over 5 weeks after being in a nasty smash...NOT my fault, I hasten to add....all down to the woman who decided to come round a bend thinking she was driving in rural France and seemed to prefer MY side of the road....could have throttled her because I had only had my car delivered 4 weeks previously.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Beware rural France - we went over by bike and met an old lady driving the wrong way round a roundabout ... and yes, she was French. Well she had a string of onions hanging from the interior mirror and a plume of diesel smoke from the back of the car so must have been French.

·
Registered
mg_tf
329 Posts
Every day that I can (Journeys to work most days). Trips away when it is just me and my wife, but we need a bigger car when we have the kids.

Had the TF for 18 months and just coming up to 10K.

Thorougly enjoyed it (apart from a recent little spin). The only issue I have had is the zip tag coming off the back window. This, I have been told, will be fixed under warranty.

·
Registered
1,084 Posts
picked it up in june and put 9k on it already :0

shocking. but also shockingly good fun

think the best was a 400 mile round trip from barnsley to london with the top down all the way :D. My face was sore after though.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,346 Posts
Every single day :D

Oh, except I sometimes use the 214 for the weekends. Mmm? seems a little backwards to me :xmas:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Drive my car almost every day but have only covered 5500 miles since end of July last year. Doesn't help that I've been unable to drive the car for over 2 months of that time due to the accident and various medical side effects since (vertigo makes you feel drunk so driving is out of the question!). Both my last job and the current job are 10 mile round trips but because the last job was in Central Belfast I spent anything up to and hour doing a 5 mile journey so my mpg was pants.

Only 2 days to go now until I say a tearful bye-bye to my baby and pick up my hire car. Hope you guys will be ready with some TLC at the weekend.

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Caz said:
Drive my car almost every day but have only covered 5500 miles since end of July last year. Doesn't help that I've been unable to drive the car for over 2 months of that time due to the accident and various medical side effects since (vertigo makes you feel drunk so driving is out of the question!). Both my last job and the current job are 10 mile round trips but because the last job was in Central Belfast I spent anything up to and hour doing a 5 mile journey so my mpg was pants.

Only 2 days to go now until I say a tearful bye-bye to my baby and pick up my hire car. Hope you guys will be ready with some TLC at the weekend.
i had vertigo a couple of months back never had it before. it's nasty isn't it!! :S feels very weird indeed! im doing on average 80 miles a day. but you peeps have assured me it'l be fine for a while! =D if only petrol costs were lower!!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts