NEAR SIDE REAR SILL CORRODED
NEAR SIDE FRONT OUTER CV GAITER SPLIT

Cheers,

Sean

·
Registered
mini_the_real_one
11,237 Posts
the gaitor shouldn't cost that much. not sure on prices as i usually do stuff myself. Best ring up and get quotes from body shops for the rust, as it needs to be removed and then filled
Steve

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Steve220 said:
the gaitor shouldn't cost that much. not sure on prices as i usually do stuff myself.
Steve
Thanks for the advice

What does this entail and what parts would i need and how much would they cost?

Cheers

Sean

·
Registered
2,094 Posts
it wont cosy much tbh, i think a tenner should over the CV and as for the sil, take it to a bodyshop and get a quote, thats the only real wayb to tell, want to know how to do the gaitor. buy a haynes manual. will show you how to do anything from general maintainance on the cr to major work suck as changing gearbox/clutch and head gasket etc. personally couldnt live without one now,

chris

·
Registered
446 Posts
Hi Sean,

my car had failed on the outer gaitor too in the mot 2 weeks ago...the part itself costed nearly 8 quid, although fitting could be anything between 40-70. Now welding charges vary a lot depending on the specific garage/bodyshop.

ps. Fogs arrived today. They are in very good condition. Thanks

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
rover416si said:
Hi Sean,

my car had failed on the outer gaitor too in the mot 2 weeks ago...the part itself costed nearly 8 quid, although fitting could be anything between 40-70. Now welding charges vary a lot depending on the specific garage/bodyshop.

ps. Fogs arrived today. They are in very good condition. Thanks
Is the cv boot of a 93 216 gti the same as the coupe one ? if it is i have a brand new one at home you can have for a fiver inc the p&p.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts