MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
like the title suggests how much would rover charge me for an electric window kit i own a 200 and am getting a bit sick of winding the windows down cheers scott

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
Too much.

You have other options.
Do it yourself...not toooo complex, quite a hassle though. You could get the parts cheap from a scrappy quite easily and cheaply. By far the cheapest option.

You could get a local auto electrician/motor place to install them. They do a good job, and this costs anything from 150-300. Around 250 usually for a decent job - takes them about 4 hours.

Rover would charge more than that.

Make sure you get new motors and mechanisms...not new motors working on exisiting mechanisms. There are 2 types of kits you see.

Mike

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
a while back someone on ebay was selling a rover electric window kit new motors ect for 50 he said he bought for 75 had all rover parts with it how can i get new motors and mec from a scrappys how hard is it to remove all parts from a car what kit do i need what cars would be a donor to get from??

·
Registered
14,750 Posts
a while back someone on ebay was selling a rover electric window kit new motors ect for 50 he said he bought for 75 had all rover parts with it

Ebay can be a good source for these parts. I know the user 'Cheungy' has done it this way on his Rover 25. However...Rover 25s have all the electric window loom in place...200s do not.

how can i get new motors and mec from a scrappys how hard is it to remove all parts from a car what kit do i need what cars would be a donor to get from??

Just ask how much they are and if you can take them all...inc wiring.
Remove door cards...you will see it all, trace the wires back, get the window switches as well etc. This is a good idea as you can then see how it should all look on your car.

Is yours 3 or 5 door is the first part...you can obviously only take the right ones.
You can use any rover 200 bubble shape, any 25, and any mgzr.
All the same.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts