MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went with a my girlfriend today to test drive a Honda Civic type r, Whilst there I asked how much my MG ZR 160 (04) was worth, only £8000! Talk about depreciation :eek: !One owner 6000 miles x power grey half lever.
Apparently They have a an 05 plate face lift ZR they can't shift for just under £10,000 !
This, he tells me is because of the uncertainty of the China thing. He also told me that a local MG-Rover dealer in Crawley Down, is soon to stop selling MG-Rover. As they apparently just are not selling, Any other dealers planning to stop?

G

·
The trade is wary of Rovers at the moment and they are fetching below book. MG's are making book and selling like hot cakes esp the ZR. All other manufacturers slag off each others cars all the time. If you haggled I reckon your car would get about 10250.

Crawley Down won't be selling many as they are a Service and Parts dealer only

·
Registered
9,317 Posts
grey that sounds about right mate, traded my 04zr160 top spec with sunroof and aircon, mint cond, for a zr160 facelift two weeks ago, i got £8k trade in.

·
Premium Member
54,941 Posts
Which means the dealer will punt it out for £9.5-10k Dell.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I guess then, the way to keep any sort of value is to trade up and stay within the same marque i.e. buy another MGR.

Just look at the cost to change - not what you are paying and getting in part ex. That maybe more cost effective.

I have always found that trading in against another marque always returned a low part ex value anyway.

That said, ZR's still seem to be going for pretty good money privately.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Grey said:
Went with a my girlfriend today to test drive a Honda Civic type r, Whilst there I asked how much my MG ZR 160 (04) was worth, only £8000! Talk about depreciation :eek: !One owner 6000 miles x power grey half lever.
Apparently They have a an 05 plate face lift ZR they can't shift for just under £10,000 !
This, he tells me is because of the uncertainty of the China thing. He also told me that a local MG-Rover dealer in Crawley Down, is soon to stop selling MG-Rover. As they apparently just are not selling, Any other dealers planning to stop?
Why were you test driving the Honda anyway? You've obviously just got the ZR in the last year so it seems a bit pointless. That's how you lose money - get a new car every year....

·
Registered
1,263 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Windy Miller said:
Why were you test driving the Honda anyway? You've obviously just got the ZR in the last year so it seems a bit pointless. That's how you lose money - get a new car every year....
I was testing it in comparison to my ZR and the ZS that i was going to get later in the year, just asked out of interest how much ZR 160s are worth.

·
Registered
metro
323 Posts
ZRs where I work are being stood in £500 - £700 behind book. We just don't get the bids on them. Plus in the paper - new ZRs from £7995, that does'nt help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts