MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Privately, how much is it worth?

Its a late '97 R Reg 218iS in Tahiti blue. Its MOT'd until next November, in very good condition. Tyres all have good life in them and are premium brand. Recently had a new front pipe and backbox fitted.

Mileage - 55000.

Some history, recent oil and filters change.

Pics can be seen in this thread http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=41723

Any ideas?

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks

The car is quite rare, however i thought it would be a little less than that. But its not far off what i was thinking...

·
Registered
classic_rover
777 Posts
robchester said:
Privately, how much is it worth?

Its a late '97 R Reg 218iS in Tahiti blue. Its MOT'd until next November, in very good condition. Tyres all have good life in them and are premium brand. Recently had a new front pipe and backbox fitted.

Mileage - 55000.

Some history, recent oil and filters change.

Pics can be seen in this thread http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=41723

Any ideas?
There was an '98 S reg 200 BRM on AutoTrader 2 weeks ago for £1800! That didn't hang around long.
Kev.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
so the market looks a little bleaker than the optimists suggest! I guess it all comes down to who wants to buy it at the end of the day. I guess the a**e has fallen out of the market for Rover. So much car for so little money.

·
Registered
mg_zs
1,166 Posts
robchester said:
So much car for so little money.
Quite true.

e.g. £2500: With that cash you would be looking at an early mk4(?) fiesta or a pre-facelift 306, alternatively you could buy a post 98/S top of the range 200, which is what I did. :hyper: (+ Its British.)

·
Registered
4,025 Posts
so what do you think my car would be worth,

T reg 214Si 16V with electric front windows, front fogs and sunroof.

only problem is i have a mesh grill now but it is BRM kinda mesh.

it has done 41000 miles and the body is in imaculate condition

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Just as a rough guide, try The AA website. www.theaa.co.uk. Go to car valuations and put in the car details. It gives quite a good estimate, using mileage and condition, although doesn't take into account modifications etc.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Griff if mine is worth that, then i reckon yours is probably worth the same or less, taking into account the amount of 214s on the road. Mine has excellent bodywork, engine and interior. It belies the 55000 miles that it has done.

I could do with re-meshing my grill mind.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts