MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My exaust is on its way out, well i thought it was just the back box , as it sounds like the baffles in it have broken down as it makes a vibrateing sound when changeing gear at around 3,000 revs and is generaly noiser than it used to be.
But my dad recons that it sounds like its gone elseware too, i e posibly the middle section or maby the manifold.

Now the question is how much is it typicaly for a new complete standard system?
And how much is it typicaly for a custom made system?

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
To be honest you'll probably end up spending about the same for a standard one as you would for a full custom stainless steel one...

I'd say around £250-350

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
crikey that much!!

Is it possible just to pick the parts for a complete system from a scrap yard?

The thing being i realy cant aford that much and it isnt realy worth it as i only paid £500 for the car.
or is it possible to patch it up as i have my mot early next year and i dont know whether it will pass the mot with a blowing exaust

·
Registered
5,249 Posts
You could go to a scrapyard but I wouldn't be able to guarantee what condition the parts would be...

Get a quote from your local garage for a replacement exhaust system before tho...

·
Registered
669 Posts
216sli said:
crikey that much!!

Is it possible just to pick the parts for a complete system from a scrap yard?

The thing being i realy cant aford that much and it isnt realy worth it as i only paid £500 for the car.
or is it possible to patch it up as i have my mot early next year and i dont know whether it will pass the mot with a blowing exaust
Provviding there is no gas escaping from the exhaust it will pass. So if u can do this by filling it full of putty do it. I did on a m8s astra 2 years looks like a clay oven and it still lives on!

Carl

1 - 5 of 5 Posts