MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody again.

Hope you are all well. Me and Bob have recovered from the disastrous Tesco petrol fiasco and have been bombing round all happy and back to normal...

...until yesterday when his engine management light came on.

So, I'm not going to bore you all, I know what to do, booked Bob in the car hospital on Monday for a diagnostic.

BUT. HERE'S THE CATCH

I'm not sure if they're seeing me coming at the door and adding on a few pennies here and there (I am very girly and have a tendancy to be very trusting!)

So, do yooooo, forum fanatics, have any ideas how much it SHOULD cost (just the diagnostic). I've already had the sucky noise from the service dept, oooh, that'll be your lambda sensor again, ooh yes we drained the bad petrol, but you know, it's really tricky to flush it all blah blah blah.
I'm not having that as Bob is not displaying any of the previous symptoms and appears to be in ruuuuuuuuuude health!

Can anyone also recommend anyone else good to take Bob to in the Portsmouth-Chichester area?

Cheers m'dears.

Sarah

PS, I think I paid around £170 for the T4 diagnostic about six weeks ago, and £240 for the 24 month service and about £200 for the new lambda sensor. I remember the total bill was £617. Is this reasonable or am I being a tightwad!!

Sarah and Bob (with an annoying light.)

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,181 Posts
The T4 diagnostics should be part of the sevice, in any case £170 seems excessive most charge between half and a full hours worth of labour.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I've heard £60 banded about before for diagnostics, any more than that and i'd get the hump.

I hope you get Bob fixed up, whatever the light means. :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone! I'll feel better going in to the garage tomorrow!

Have a nice sunny day out with your tops off hee hee hee

·
Premium Member
79,177 Posts
I would advise around £50+VAT, tops for a plug-in diagnosis.

Any further on-car testing would obviously escalate this.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts