MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering about the power on a 115p engine. I know they would be slower than the 160 or 135 but do they still maintain that sporty feel on the road please? Thanks everyone, almost there now, should be sorted by next week sometime.

Best wishes all.

Richard.

·
Registered
mgf
82 Posts
i have a 1.8 mpi mark 2 "F" not a TF. i was looking for a "F" for almost a year, i wanted particular colour and particular interior and i told myself i wanted a "vvc". trying to find one with the rear spoiler, the seats you want, the engine you want and the mileage/history you want might take you a while if you are set on those options , i only came across one which was higher mileage vvc than i wanted and every panel had a dent.

In the end i found the one with the most important things i wanted. mainly BRG and tan leather seat, beige dashboard, it wasnt VVC and the mileage was late 58k. The spoilers, wheels etc i had added later as pennies became available and enjoyed doing that part alot.

Am i happy with it? yes absolutely love it. Not being VVC yes i sometimes think it would be nice then from what i read the vvc mechanism doesnt kick in until high revs and how often do i ( or you) can drive like a loony? i am sure you arent a boy racer and you want a MGF as you are/or will be an enthusiast and therefore you will look after it. if mine was the 1.6 engine i still would have bought it as when i saw it i knew thats the one.

speed wise, more than happy, not driven vvc so users might be able to tell you different.

all i would say is look at ALOT of them and you will know when you see it if its the one.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i have a 1.8 mpi mark 2 "F" not a TF. i was looking for a "F" for almost a year, i wanted particular colour and particular interior and i told myself i wanted a "vvc". trying to find one with the rear spoiler, the seats you want, the engine you want and the mileage/history you want might take you a while if you are set on those options , i only came across one which was higher mileage vvc than i wanted and every panel had a dent.

In the end i found the one with the most important things i wanted. mainly BRG and tan leather seat, beige dashboard, it wasnt VVC and the mileage was late 58k. The spoilers, wheels etc i had added later as pennies became available and enjoyed doing that part alot.

Am i happy with it? yes absolutely love it. Not being VVC yes i sometimes think it would be nice then from what i read the vvc mechanism doesnt kick in until high revs and how often do i ( or you) can drive like a loony? i am sure you arent a boy racer and you want a MGF as you are/or will be an enthusiast and therefore you will look after it. if mine was the 1.6 engine i still would have bought it as when i saw it i knew thats the one.

speed wise, more than happy, not driven vvc so users might be able to tell you different.

all i would say is look at ALOT of them and you will know when you see it if its the one.
Thanks bit the bullet and brought a 2004 60k in good nick, so thanks for the thoughtful help and advice.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
VVC is continuously variable and does not have a fixed on / off point. It is not like, for example, Honda's VTEC. If you have driven both, you will know the difference.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts