MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title says

How long do brake pads last on 160?

I have only done about 7000 miles in my car from new and i think they might need changing already is this normal?

The reson why i think they need changing everytime i brake hard before a sharp corner then take the brake off around the corner the car seams to whistle, then stops when i start to accelerate again (am i correct in thinking this is the brake pads or do i have more to worry about)

·
Registered
1,409 Posts
29,107km from new and still plenty to go on mine front and back when I put the winter tyres on in November...you must be doing some seriously late breaking Klevoli!!!

I do really try to use the engine as much as poss to break though and having lived in the mountains for years, you get used to not using breaks to avoid any unintentional off road driving...

Put whistle /ing into the search box and see what comes out. I had a slight whistling sound for a while but it seems to have cleared up (or maybe I just got used to it...)

·
Registered
269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just thought i would put a awnser to this,

The disc had got a Small crack and buckle so it was rubbing on the pad, just fitted the new discs and problem sorted.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
glad you got it sorted, didn't fancy driving into St Albans and meeting a grinning waving NG driver with dodgy brakes:=p:

Doesn't really anser the original question. Pads seem to last fairly well but disks don't.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts