MG-Rover.org Forums banner

How do you park your Pride and Joy

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
1,648 Posts
good thread! lol! i park mine at the first parking space i see pretty much! im really lazy like tht! can never be borthered to look for another one! but then again im not so lazy as i park so far away from stores etc i have to walk further! hehe!:eyes:

gf has a go at me for this!!

·
Registered
114 Posts
i try to keep mine away from vectras , mondeos and other sales rep type cars.

if they dont own them then there is a good chance that they dont give a f**k.

oh and as stupid as it may seem any 4 door cars cause kids in the back seat dont give a monkey either.

m

·
Registered
cityrover
1,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I park where ever I can. I have parked in Diabled parking bays in carparks (its not as if they pay anymore then me) and parents and toddlers bays.

Some people may whine about this.. But.. Has anyone else noticed how there has been a large increase in the number of parking spaces converted to "Special causes" spaces?

·
Registered
175 Posts
At work, mine's parked in a space where I have it recorded on digital CCTV and I have a monitor with a live feed on it labelled 'Lovely Bob' so I can look at him all day. Over the top, but that's love for you. Thanks to my work for pandering to me and paying for it.
P.S. Hope you've all printed off you 'proud to drive an MG' posters for your cars!

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
When I had my TF I parked as far away as I could walk without needing a taxi. Either that or I chose a space with an empty bay on either side. I may drive a company car now but I do still have some amount of pride in what I drive (it's an Astra but I didn't have much choice!).

Was at the SO's house tonight and some kids were playing chase around 3 cars parked in a bay outside his house. I figured if I went out to them they'd probably try and do some damage so I just sat inside pressing the 'arm' button for the central locking hoping the flashing lights would put them off. Thank god it wasn't the TF or I would had to have stood within 6 inches of the car to get the remote to work.

·
Registered
mgf
5,476 Posts
If it is a pay and display car park (not rip off NCP), then i normally span two bays and buy 2 tickets.

If it is free, then i take my chances in a single bay like anyone else.

I don't ever park in disabled, or mother and child bays - i would feel ilke i'm stealing, also they tend to be near the entrance doors and the radar sensor on the automatic doors can set off the alarm.

·
Registered
120 Posts
sutski said:
Caz, touch your remote under your chin when you press the unlock button. Your arming range just increased by 20 feet!! :guns2:
I noticed this too!

Also if you point with your other hand at the car seems to increase it further.

Makes you feel like superman!

·
Registered
434 Posts
wheyaye said:
I noticed this too!

Also if you point with your other hand at the car seems to increase it further.

Makes you feel like superman!
Don't think I can bring myself to walking towards the car holding the blipper under my chin and pointing to the car. :iwstupid:

That would have been a good one for April 1st.

·
Registered
mg_zr
8,240 Posts
If you have kids, you'll understand Parent & Child spaces.... you HAVE to open doors wide to get kids out the back, and you can't do it in normal spaces.....

Also, all disabled badge holders MUST not be able to walk 50 yards un-aided. That's how they qualify....

Not sure why 10% of spaces have to be for disabled though, especially when 10% of road users aren't disabled (it's more like 2%).....

1 - 20 of 32 Posts