MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well..i guess for the case of burnt valve there should be a constant juddering issue..
but on the sticking one..? how do you find out..?
through compression test? other way..?

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
last night i had left the car at the garage..in order to check it out..this morning.. after doing the test with the ignition coil which didn't work out..
my mechanic suggested that it seems after all to be a sticking valve case.. for one more time!! (i had removed the head for the same reason 8months ago..) :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
15,938 Posts
as CJ said, do a full compression test, best way to determine this type of problem, also lok at swapping plugs and leads, a weak spark on a cylinder would cause this

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ht leads were replaced with magnecor ones.. spark plugs were replaced as well with no difference whatsoever..

·
Registered
18 Posts
If a valve is sticking , which is probably caused by a slight bend in the valve stem or warping in the guide then you should be able to see this simply by removing a plug . The fuel will not be burning efficiently. The car will either pop back through the exhaust or air inlet when revved. If this happens you can then do a compression test on that cylinder. However if all plugs look the same then other areas need to be looked at

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
as i have writen in another thread..almost all the aspects have been covered..that's why i tend to assume that it's a sticking valve case after all..
i was told, after i had cylinder head removed fo the same reason, that valves need a while to fit properly..but i have driven 6000km since then at city use as well as highway use..so i guess there isn't any hope that this could be sorted out by itself..
after all probably it's the more reasonable explanation why this juddering stops after a few km driven..
the sad thing on this case..is that although i am not to blame for this not working properly..i ll be the one who ll have to pay again for the new gasket, coolant, oil and of course garage's fees.. :(

·
Registered
2,507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
aboard_epsilon said:
give the thing a damn good thrashing up the motorway
at least 100 miles
then report back ..watch out for those cams !

all the best...mark
recently i was on a trip..approximately 600km (300km to go and 300to return) in one day at 140-190km/h most of the time.. do you think it would need even more than that?

·
Registered
2,156 Posts
nikolas said:
recently i was on a trip..approximately 600km (300km to go and 300to return) in one day at 140-190km/h most of the time.. do you think it would need even more than that?

no ....

that rules that out then

back to the drawing board .. :(

all the best.mark

1 - 12 of 12 Posts