MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
To buy an MG??, she has had a VW Golf Cab, now has a Pug 206CC and has in mind a Beetle Cab or even a Ford Streetka, she won't even test drive the MG, or consider any of the Zeds, I can't think of anymore excuses, so come guys help me convince her to join our club!:devil:

·
Premium Member
mg_zt_t
21,916 Posts
ZT 190+ Mark said:
To buy an MG??, she has had a VW Golf Cab, now has a Pug 206CC and has in mind a Beetle Cab or even a Ford Streetka, she won't even test drive the MG, or consider any of the Zeds, I can't think of anymore excuses, so come guys help me convince her to join our club!:devil:
All those you mention I regard as typical 'girlie' cars simply because most of those I see on the roads are driven by young females. With this evidence in mind, I believe you'll have a near impossible task converting her to chose an MG. Only way I can think of is for you to actually buy the MG for her. If it's her money that will be paying for her next car, I believe you're trying to flog a dead un.

Just maybe she has a soft spot so mention of those redunancy threatened workers in the Midlands may be a better means of persuading her to support British Industry.

Anyway good luck ....

·
Registered
rover_45
11,619 Posts
Why follow everybody else has she no taste. My wife had very little option I bought her 1ST car and I will buy her last so you could say she gets what she's given. The other alternative is to get some sales books for all the cars and compare them with her and she will then see how poor the competition is against the MG.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Beetle or Street Ka? I think divorce is the only option. Certainly consider that if mine had taste in cars as bad as that!!
Luckily she has a ZR so thats OK.

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
evolotion said:
she could get a TF, there typically womans cars are they not :_poke:
Hmmm no. I wouldn't say that in the F/TF section or you'll get abused! :lol:

...And back on topic, get her to testdrive a TF, what's she got to loose, doesn't cost anything!

Jonathan

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
lol i convinced a work colleague to buy a MGR ( zr to be exact ) I ripped the credibility of her car apart first, not hard it was a corsa so basically CHAV CAR. Then you go on bout how fantasic so an so cars are, your case the mg, I got her to have a go of my Rover 214si & she liked it , then before you knew it she said one day she went past one the places sellin MGR's & asked for a test drive ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT, says it drives so much better than my rover , lol yeh I dont mind purely because I want one. Shes buying one within the week I GET A GO :) :)

So basically yeh if you get her to have a go then she ll love it, that or just say how pooh her current car is :p

(age wise bout 40, me being 19 this is a bloody good job I've done )

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
mmm no luck last night, but I did talk her out of the Beetle only for her to decide she wants to look at the new Tigra!!, dammn difficult task this!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts