MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Im presuming there must be somebody out there who has a rover 25 and purchased an ebay style ZR spoiler and fitted it themselves??

If so can you give me a few pointers??? Do i remove my existing spoiler or does it just bond on top? If i do remove the existing one, how do i do it??

Thanks in advanced!!

·
Registered
21,962 Posts
Red-Diezel said:
Hi All,

Im presuming there must be somebody out there who has a rover 25 and purchased an ebay style ZR spoiler and fitted it themselves??

If so can you give me a few pointers??? Do i remove my existing spoiler or does it just bond on top? If i do remove the existing one, how do i do it??

Thanks in advanced!!
Hopefully it is a proper ZR spoiler, not the sort that bonds onto your existing spoiler.

For a ZR spoiler:

1) Remove the side and top boot lid plastic trim.

2) You will see a number of bolt heads, remove these bolts.

3) Unplug the brakelight.

4) Put the ZR spoiler in place and attatch as reversal of removal.

Hope this helps

Cheers
Skelo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah i know that mate. What im going to do is, when i go to pick it up, take my mums brake light (she has a rover 25 too and no, im not telling her im doing this lol) and see if it fits. If it doesnt then the guy has advertised wrong and i wont be buying it. Cheers for mentioning it anyway mate.

Other than that though it seems to have the correct fixings right?

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah mate that looks fine to me. You'll need to nudo 3 bolts if my grey matter serves me right.... or is it 5? Anyway, they go through holes in the boot, and straight into the spoiler (you can see a couple of the holes on the pics).

One tip - dont over tighten the bolts, they dont need to be all that tight. Just make sure its nice and secure. I over-tightened one of mine and mashed the threads. Ooops!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok cool cheers mate. Now i just need to find a decent spray shop around this area....not going to be easy!!

Thanks for the help people!

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Just measure your existing brake light. That spoiler takes a brake light that is 28 cm x 6 cm.
If your existing brake light is not that size then it won't fit.

There are 4 bolts for the spoiler just be very careful when removing them or you could lose them forever in then tailgate. A bit of blutack in the socket works wonders.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Actually, four sounds right! So much for my memory....

When I dropped one into the murky depths of the tail gate, I managed to fish it out by removing the plastic at the botom of the lid (the bit which hides the boot lock). I got lucky though

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spoiler Brake light?

I was wondering if anyone here has tried to take the 3rd brake light from the 25 spoiler? Im tol you need to drill the plastic to find the screws, i wonder if someone knows where to drill? i just dont want to make a mess of my spoiler!

·
Registered
1,493 Posts
I don't know if it's a different case with my Rover 200 spoiler but I can blatantly see the 2 screws on the light, kind of parallel with the rear windscreen.
You might be best making a new thread rather than bumping one from 2006 and one from 2007 lol.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts