MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
basically i have a rover 200, 98, and i want to mesh the front grille, the top grille. Is it part of the bumper?cos im giong to replace the bumper soon, cos its damaged, if it isnt part of the bumper, then how the hell do i take it out and mesh it!!!! also if i do manage to take it out, theres all these plastic bits in it, how do i remove that???:( please help!!!!!!!!!!!!! many thanks

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
It is part of the bumper, but can be removed. You may as well do both top and bottom cuz you will need to remove the bumper anyway (fairly simple) and the bottom part is easy.
Get yourself some good wire cutters, don't even think about using pliers or a hacksaw.

The fins in the grill can just be snapped off with a pair of pliers.

·
Registered
5,222 Posts
You don't need to take the bumper of to remove the top grille, as long as you use a short screwdriver or an angled one.
The grille consists of two pieces: the chrome bit and the plastic bit with the fins, they're attached with a couple of screws. Cut the fins from the plastic bit, put some mesh between the two parts and attach the screws again.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
If you've got arms and hands like a bird then you may be able to do it, there is no chance I could get mine in there, however it will still be fiddly. It only takes 5-10 mins to get the bumper off and makes it sooo much easier.

·
Registered
477 Posts
michaelperrin said:
No.
Undo them 2...or is it 3, i cant remember,..accross the top.
It then clips out.
Give it a tug...it wont break...feels like it may...but it doesnt.

No bumper removal for 25/zr.
2 screws mate! do you hav too cut the grille or is the surround and the fins in 2 parts?

·
Registered
477 Posts
michaelperrin said:
No.
Undo them 2...or is it 3, i cant remember,..accross the top.
It then clips out.
Give it a tug...it wont break...feels like it may...but it doesnt.

No bumper removal for 25/zr.
ive just tryed that mate and it felt like the bumper was gonner snap! cant get it off can you help?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts