MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
The MY05 TF 115 now has central locking, rear audio speakers and powered door mirrors fitted as standard. However, these were not fitted as standard to the pre MY05 TF 115 and were not offered as a factory or dealer fit option. Having installed all these options on my MY04 TF115 I thought I would share the information on how to do it and so have put together this small site.

Hope the information is useful to some of you out there.

Good luck

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
1 down two to go, central locking is in - but I thought it already had rear speakers DOH! That will be next for me. Looking forward to the next adition, sorting the suspension with some x-power springs ( I hope).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey I have a TF 115 and want to fit central locking, i took the door cards off to have a look and there is 1 wiring loom going to the non central locking mech with 6 wires in one connector and 2 in another, does this wiring loom take central locking into account? or would i need a new loom to fit c/l?

·
Registered
48 Posts
rear speakers -pls read before you judge..

The MY05 TF 115 now has central locking, rear audio speakers and powered door mirrors fitted as standard. However, these were not fitted as standard to the pre MY05 TF 115 and were not offered as a factory or dealer fit option. Having installed all these options on my MY04 TF115 I thought I would share the information on how to do it and so have put together this small site.

Hope the information is useful to some of you out there.

Good luck
we've got one of the last MG TF's - its an 56 plate... 115 - delivery mileage when we brought it.. (8 months ago from a Vauxhall dealer of all places)
Its got Central locking and power mirrors..and a Panasonic Stereo - so..

I want to add rear speakers as I assume there are none there (nothing connected to the fader) - however before everyone jumps on the "there are lots of sites to tell you how to do this"...it occurs to me I wonder if there are rears there just not connected..
Is there an easy way of finding out?

On the subject - Brown & Gammons don't seem to stock the t-bar speaker box bits/bar bit (true I've not emailed them) ..and I can't seem to find anyone else who stocks it (if I've not got rears!)

Many thanks for reading...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.