MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I've just put some Rover 15" alloys on my 214Si and it looks great. Now all i need is colour coded handles, mirrors, and rear spoiler and....fog lights! How hard are they to fit?

·
Registered
106 Posts
Fitting the spots is easy as they just screw in (3 bolts each) and just clip the surrounds back into the bumper.

Wiring can go 3 ways the easiest being earth them to the body and run a link wire down from your main beam wire to the spot, this way the spots only work on main beam or for flashing people.

The second way is wire them to a switch on the dash as per Rover standard again earth to body run a live feed from somewhere lights etc. and then connect the switch in to complete the circuit this way they will work only when switched on from the dash. ( but please dont be a P***K and drive round with your spots blazing all day.

Or the 3rd is the way i wired mine a combination of the above earth the spots to the body run the switch connections as above but run it via a relay and put the link wire from the main beam light into the relay then down to the spot light. his way they work on main beam for much better visibility in the dark but you can switch them as an overide for the occasionaly spot of cruising aswell. The relay is the most important part of step 3 otherwise you will blow fuses left right and centre and if you press the switch the current will run back up and put your main beam on too. (i found out the hard way.)

3rd way is definately the correct way all spots should be wired up from the factory just depends how knowledgable you are on electrics number 1 is by far the easiest.

Sorry for the essay hope it helps

·
Registered
rover_25
188 Posts
front fogs

Hi there, I've just put some Rover 15" alloys on my 214Si and it looks great. Now all i need is colour coded handles, mirrors, and rear spoiler and....fog lights! How hard are they to fit?
check to make sure that the wiring isn't already there in the car the easiest way to find out is to look where the front fog light switch should be in the dashboard and see if there is a spare connector there or remove the fog light blanking plates and have a look for a wiring plug tucked out of the way,the wiring is there on the 25's and all you have to do is fit a switch ,plug in a relay and the fogs,if the wiring is there make sure that you get a set of fogs for the 200 and not for the 25 as the 25 has a different connector on the bulb.

·
Registered
13,616 Posts
Have you already got your fog lights?

I'm going on a hunting spree round a couple of scrap yards tomorrow to check out some prices but if you got them cheap somewhere else, it would be great to know :)

Thanks

·
Registered
221 Posts
There always on EBay, I paid £25 for a pair, they however didn't come with wiring or the bezels. Best of luck in the Scrappy

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Didn't get one at my scrappy but I did get a rear rover badge holder/rear licence plate light casing (chrome) form a 25 to put on my 200. My old one broke :(.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts