MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As the title say's the horn buttons on my TF aren't working. The horn is working as it still sound when the alarm is activated.
I'm a bit worried about taking the steering wheel of because of the airbag and I can't see hwo to remove it?

Any help please?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
From your earlier posts you have a lucas alarm system rather than the Pekton relay/alarm unit so you can rule out relays :p The issue could just be fuse related so that should be your first thing to check. If the fuses are ok, it could either be the buttons on the wheel itself or the rotary coupler (also called a squib). Check this guide for how to remove the wheel/airbag to get to the squib Little guide - Removing steering wheel and airbag

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From your earlier posts you have a lucas alarm system rather than the Pekton relay/alarm unit so you can rule out relays :p The issue could just be fuse related so that should be your first thing to check. If the fuses are ok, it could either be the buttons on the wheel itself or the rotary coupler (also called a squib). Check this guide for how to remove the wheel/airbag to get to the squib Little guide - Removing steering wheel and airbag
I have looked for a horn related fuse and the only one I can find is in the under bonnet fuse box and that's ok. Is there another one in the fuse board above the drivers footwell?

·
Registered
1,855 Posts
Check this thread, there is a multi function unit (MFU) at the back of the fuse box which operates a few items including the horn, I'm not sure but it may be worth checking fuse F9 in the fuse box , MG F/TF Fuse & Relay Listing

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
The rotary coupling is the obvious candidate as the cause if both horn buttons do not work + if the SRS light stays on (you say nothing about this). It is possible the horn button connector has disconnected in the steering wheel (unlikely but possible).

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The rotary coupling is the obvious candidate as the cause if both horn buttons do not work + if the SRS light stays on (you say nothing about this). It is possible the horn button connector has disconnected in the steering wheel (unlikely but possible).
No there is no SRS light, I had hoped to get the wheel off today but I woke up with a pain all down my left side so couldn't do much at all today, Hopefully I will get back to it tomorrow.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts