MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
mgf
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some of you may already now i do not like to keep things standard..

so in an effort to be different im ordering hoops !

how ever this has been done befor so i wish to make them raise up when the hood is down and then go down when the hood is up :) sounds simple enough..

(it came to me in a dream in case you were thinkin wat the hell !! )

the way i was going to do this was with a set of hoops and a actuator and a switch on the hood catch..

any one tried this or have any ideas of how to set it up..

·
Registered
mgf
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i want them them to go down thru the t bar behind the seats. if at all possible they wudnt have to lower all the way just enough so you can see out the window wen the roof is up

·
Registered
mgf
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wat about if i made them lower thru the t bar in to the car, behind the seats the fuel tank is no where near then surely

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Have you ever sat in an F with hoops fitted and the hood up?
I so you would discover that rear vision is hardly obscured at all by most hoop designs as most fit behind the head rests, which you cant see through anyway.

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
The rollover hoops have no effect on your view at any aspect within the car, just seems a waste of money better spent on more appealable mods!

Also, do you honestly think they will be strong enough to withstand a rollover, even though i am aware most hoops for the TF are for show only but they are pretty secure.

I know that BMW's and mercs have this sort of system, but they only pop up if the car senses an accident.

·
Registered
mgf
1,771 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
dispite the obsticles i think ill give it a go may require some re jigging of the cars t bar position slightly but hey why not!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts