MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just though this might be of interest - I used the Autoglym restorer kit last weekend - i have to admit that i used the waterproofing stuff liberally and spread it around with a well wrung out damp cloth so as not to miss any bits. Well, last night we had the worse rainfall in my part of Kent - roads near to flooding etc - i expected her to be full of water this morning but - dry as a bone - perhaps the roof was leaking because it needed reproofing? - i wouldnt have beleived it really - might be worth a try if youve got a leak before paying out for someone to try and adjust??
Tess

·
Registered
175 Posts
I used this stuff on my old f, and she was 7 when she passed on to the big car park in the sky, (now been brought back from the dead by a nice young man!), and the roof never leaked once. Go Autoglym!! Apparently Renovo is the mutts too....

·
Registered
mgf
622 Posts
I use the Autoglym "Fabric hood cleaning ki"t (shampoo + waterproofing) once a year and it makes the rain drops roll of the hood like it does on the paint after some good waxing :)

I never expected it to be so good. It even makes the hood appear darker too.

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
thanks for the tip.Mine looks ready for waterproofing(even though its only 3 weeks old) as the water no longer beads but soaks in!

So its off to halfords then..........

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
25 mm paint brush - just make sure it doesn't run down the sides of the bodywork or you will have to get the polish out again.

·
Registered
6,318 Posts
Sprinter said:
25 mm paint brush - just make sure it doesn't run down the sides of the bodywork or you will have to get the polish out again.
Ah! you do it with a brush hey?? I thought sponge!!!
Thanks Sprinter!!

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Perry

I know that someone on here had used a soaked cloth but I find a brush lets me scrub it in a bit and/or spread it around.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Sprinter said:
Perry

I know that someone on here had used a soaked cloth but I find a brush lets me scrub it in a bit and/or spread it around.
Nothing like a good scrub and spreading it about .... or am I thinking about something else !!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Now Now you lot:naughty:

I used a cheap soft nailbrush from Sainsburys (£1.19) to spread it about. And to do the scrubbing bit before with the cleaner as I thought that the white sponge you got with the kit was cr*p. it left little white specks on the hood.
I also had the hose running as I worked in case of any dribbles - Did a great job and got rid of all the green algae that was in the creases. I think my original leak was getting in through the seam that runs just above where the window panel is as it was always wet in this area on the inside and puddled nicely behind the drivers seat with associated mould on carpet -mm tasteful. All gone now though
Tes

·
Registered
5,424 Posts
tess200857 said:
Now Now you lot:naughty:

I used a cheap soft nailbrush from Sainsburys (£1.19) to spread it about. And to do the scrubbing bit before with the cleaner as I thought that the white sponge you got with the kit was cr*p. it left little white specks on the hood.
I also had the hose running as I worked in case of any dribbles - Did a great job and got rid of all the green algae that was in the creases. I think my original leak was getting in through the seam that runs just above where the window panel is as it was always wet in this area on the inside and puddled nicely behind the drivers seat with associated mould on carpet -mm tasteful. All gone now though
Tes

...sounds like you are really getting that MGF together now Tes ... nice job :D

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Cheers [email protected]!!

yeah she seems fine now - had a bit of a scare first time I went out with the heater turned off - immediate panic when i saw the gauge going up quicker than usual - didnt stop to think in my panic it was because the cooling system is significantly less when you turn it off:O

1 - 18 of 18 Posts