MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Negative response from me Mike; my earlier F had a couple of small frame pinch holes that were fixed by our local coach trimmer. He also hand made hoods for vintage & veteran (as well as PVT) cars so knew what he was doing. He glued the edges of the tear and glued a canvas patch on the inside, applied a bit of pressure for a few minutes and Robert was the name of my mothers brother. Kept the car for almost 3 years and the join never came apart.

You might try a yacht repairer on the coast?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank JP

I do know a sailmaker ~ had not made the connection. My hole is where the frame folds back and when fully down pushes the frame into the hood.

MikeS

·
Registered
14,789 Posts
I have a small hole in mine from the hood frame pinching it, noticed just before silverstone, I was really worried though seeing all the cars lined up at silverstone there wasn't many cars that didn't have the identical hole on the same side, I felt a bit more relieved! :)

·
Registered
345 Posts
well ive bought a couple of tubes last year applied on inside and never had any probs good stuff as my soft top is knackered like everthing else at the mo !!! peter

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
fg550 said:
well ive bought a couple of tubes last year applied on inside and never had any probs good stuff as my soft top is knackered like everthing else at the mo !!! peter
Peter, a personal recommendation is always the best. Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts