MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guy's

I have a problem with broken parts on my hood frame I do have replacement parts from another frame that I was kindly given, However the parts in quest are proving difficult to remove
This is the part in question it's call a LINK ROD as shown in the picture.
what I would like to ask is does anyone know how I can remove from it's fixing and replace the broken one on my new frame?
Line Font Pattern Mesh Space

It fit's over a ball on the main frame but I don't want to force anything in case I break the ball that is welded to the frame off (which is what happened to the old one (Not by me forcing it of but my partner forcing the hood when putting it down :cautious:

Thank you for any help

Carole

·
Registered
MGF's x 5 MGTF's x 6, Rover 620Ti & Cortina Mk3
2,073 Posts
On those types of link there is usually a pin or circlip which holds it into place, just checked one of my hoods and it looks like a pin. Easiest way would be to get a spanner onto the "ball" ends and undo them rather than trying to remove the pin which holds it. Pic shows one side, the other will be similar.
Gas Shotgun Personal protective equipment Auto part Bumper

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
On those types of link there is usually a pin or circlip which holds it into place, just checked one of my hoods and it looks like a pin. Easiest way would be to get a spanner onto the "ball" ends and undo them rather than trying to remove the pin which holds it. Pic shows one side, the other will be similar. View attachment 138031
Yes it's that bit that has snapped off but thanks for the help I have had another look now and could just make out the pin's so just have to swap the other part out and replace with a new link rod which I have on the old frame I have. 🙂
They are a bit fiddley to get out but once done it's easy

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for all your help finally got the hood fitted and all is good 🤞 Nice fit around the window seals too.

Great to get some sun and wind in my hair today at last.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts