MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
No problem if you are with A-Plan and if you get the Momo boss it has a fusible link included with makes the SRS system think the airbag is still connected. I have fitted a steering wheel to mine but it's probably is not everyones cup of tea but there's plenty to take your fancy.

·
Registered
mg_tf
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
No problem if you are with A-Plan and if you get the Momo boss it has a fusible link included with makes the SRS system think the airbag is still connected. I have fitted a steering wheel to mine but it's probably is not everyones cup of tea but there's plenty to take your fancy.
thats really smart but i want one that says mg in the middle lol

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
i wanted one of those quick release steering wheels ages ago, but never bothered due to isnurance issues, did yours not affect the a-plan premium at all??

also, is your sterring wheel a smaller size to the standard mg one. i really want one that is smaller in diameter to standard.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
42,093 Posts
i love these seats on that website. dont suppose anyone know wat a mgf is like to fit seats? hehe
http://www.bansheemotorsport.co.uk/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=16744
anything is possible if u have the finances. ;)

there haev been a couple of ppl who have cool fancy seats fitted into their tf's without the need to weld the seats to the floor or suddenly find themselves 3 inches higher in teh car.
doubt whther these seats will fit though.

Best Auto Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

·
Registered
3,015 Posts
i wanted one of those quick release steering wheels ages ago, but never bothered due to isnurance issues, did yours not affect the a-plan premium at all??

also, is your sterring wheel a smaller size to the standard mg one. i really want one that is smaller in diameter to standard.
It didn't effect my insurance. The wheel is not much smaller than standard but once you have the hub you can pick any wheel you like. I'm pretty sure though that the QR mechanism sits on top of the hub so moves the steering wheel away from the switches and a bit closer to the driver, so that may be a point to consider.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts