MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Civic 3-door completes British line-up

Honda will unveil a new 3-door Civic at the London Motor Show in July - completing the impressive ‘Built in Britain’ line-up of Honda hatchbacks.

The 3-door makes its world debut at the London event. It’s joined by the award-winning 5-door Civic and the Civic Type R Concept. All cars will be built at Honda’s manufacturing operation at Swindon, Wiltshire.

Honda’s technologically-advanced luxury saloon, the Legend, is also on display at the show. The Legend features ground-breaking safety equipment in the shape of CMBS – brake technology that can actually predict collisions – and SH-AWD, an intelligent all-wheel drive system that delivers incredible cornering performance.

For motorsport fans, a specially-commissioned Formula 1 exhibit makes an explosive appearance. ‘View Suspended’ is an actual Honda F1 race car, taken apart and then displayed as a piece of 3D art. It’s an original and captivating display of racing technology, and one not to be missed.

Also worth visiting is the collection of Honda’s environmentally-friendlier products, with vehicles ranging from the recently-launched Civic Hybrid, to electric mopeds and fuel cell motorbikes.

These all combine to create Honda’s biggest ever British motor show stand, reflecting Honda’s huge range of expertise, the wide variety of cars currently on sale and our strong motorsport heritage.

You can find the Honda stand in the North Hall (stand N1).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Im wetting my teenage pants about the type R.
Just a question, considering the new civics biggest selling point is the style, why is the advert all about the noise? I mean sure I know what a civic looks like, and technically that advert is about "What a Honda Feels like", but its planely for the civic, so why not just show the bugger in all its glory?!?!?

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
M4RTIN said:
just looks like the 5 door lol

wasnt the point of the 5 door so the doors were kind of hidden, so you ger practicality and looks.

also dont trust the seats too much in them, i make the things lol
What exactley about them? Is it the putting together, or the materials, or the design?
Do you have like 5 or 6 in your living room instead of armchairs?

·
Registered
5,829 Posts
lol no.

i work for a company called keiper, its a german company. they make the metal framework for the civic and some land rover. but i dont know which one.

i just check the welds to amek sure they are of good quality. its a crap dull job but its better than the nowt i was doing after redundancy

·
Registered
16,488 Posts
well to be fair, most 3dr rivals look the same as the 5 door version. The only high profile exceptions are the Citroen C4 and Astra Sport hatch. However Honda are trying to rival the golf whilst trying to snatch a few A3/1-series potential buyers at the same time with the current civic.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.