MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Automation Bot
cityrover
12,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today His Royal Highness Prince Turki Al Faisal, Saudi Arabian Ambassador to the United Kingdom and Ireland, son of the late King Faisal of Saudi Arabia, visited MG Rover Group at Longbridge.   Underlining His Royal Highness’ keen interest to see car manufacturing at first hand Prince Al Faisal toured the key stages of car production at Longbridge. He saw the full product range of MG and Rover models and, as a classic car enthusiast and collector, His Royal Highness received a personal tour of the Heritage centre, which houses cars from each period of the company’s history. "We are delighted the Ambassador has visited MG Rover at Longbridge and shown such interest in our company and its products," said John Edwards, director sales and marketing, MG Rover.   The company is no stranger to Royal visits. Many high profile members of the Royal household and VIPs have visited in the past two years. His Royal Highness the Duke of Edinburgh, HRH The Princess Royal and HRH Prince Edward, Earl of Wessex have all toured the facilities and met with members of the workforce. The British Royal family have both MG and Rover vehicles within their car portfolio. Other senior diplomats from the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia accompanied His Royal Highness on this prestigious visit.  

Read the full article.

·
Registered
3,931 Posts
Great photograph! That ZS looks really mean!

I feel a quote competition coming on:

"And this, sir, is what happens when you take a Rover and get it really angry"

:xmas:

·
Registered
36,380 Posts
marvellous (lifted?) pic parsec.

"Is very very shiny car. Go on, only 10,000,000,000,000 Turkish Lira or 10p will reunite it with Turkish Leyland Trucks!"

pat

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
I wonder why Prince Turki Al Faisal is so interested? Curiousity, or [wild speculation mode] a genuine interest in setting up car (MGR?) production in Saudi Arabia?[/wild speculation mode]

·
Registered
rover_400_95_99
23 Posts
I work near Buckingham Palace and staff there seem to support the Rover marque as well (connection with Royalty etc etc) :bgrin:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts