MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey dudes, I got a 214 16v.. My problem is I may be having surgery on my left foot soon in which case I wont be able to drive it as it's manual.. How much can I hire a car for?? I'm 22 and I've tried hiring estates before but not allowed cos they say under 25 u can only hire 1.4 hatchbacks.. Anyway, if I have surgery I'll need to hire an auto a few days a week.. Any idea how much rover charge for say a 25 1.4 or any other companies??
Thanx

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
I had to hire a car recently between selling my TF and getting a temporary company car ready. Worked out around £15 - £20/day for a 1.4 manual Ford Crocus from Avis. It would probably be cheaper to get a taxi at that rate and as far as I know that was a corporate rate through my employer.

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
Having looked around at a few hire companies, I doubt you would be able to get a Rover from any of the big ones - they only have things like the Focus, Astra, 307, etc.

No idea if Rover do car rental as such.

On a side note, my bro repeatedly gets a hire car payed for by his company and most of the time it is supplied by the National car rental company. No idea how good their prices are but they seem to have a fair bit of buisness custom and have hire centers in many places in the UK (not just airports). Cars are always clean and not complete lemons and they can drop off and pick up the cars.
You can find them at http://www.nationalcar.co.uk/ukweb/default.jsp

1 - 4 of 4 Posts