MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If any of you that were in the convoy of Fs/TFs on the A86 near Laggan last Monday wondered who that lunatic on the motorbike that was waiving at you was, it was me!!!!!!! It definitely wern't a top down day, I'd had an awful ride up from Ballachulish, I was trying (unsucessfully) to catch up with my other half in her blue TF quite a few of you flashed/waved at her on the same road earlier, I never did catch up to her until Findhorn where we were heading for.
Just returned today after touring Scotland & ending up on Skye.
If anyone needs a lovely B&B on Skye let me know, found a good un.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Neil

sadly we missed you on Monday as we started heading south after breakfast while many others 'did' Glencoe for lunch.

Highlander was a huge success, hope your trip was as well.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sprinter,
Glad you had a good time.I must've seen the ones that were going to Glencoe, the trip was ok, weather hit & miss, 1200 mile or so on the bike, its developed a bit of a hicupp, as its due a service I'll leave it upto the dealer.
Just spent 2 hrs cleaning the bike, while the other half cleaned the TF using my extensive range of Autoglym products!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
I was one of the ones that returned along Loch Laggan. Remember the TF but not you waving to us from your bike I'm afraid.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats the trouble with riding a bike car drivers don't see you....joke..
It was that wet I followed a car for miles just so I could see where the road went!!

·
Registered
39 Posts
Pah, Neil.

My F never drove a single mile with the hood up on the Highlander. And that includes the Monday jaunt via Glencoe...

(although I am sorry to say I missed your waving)

Rain is only really a problem if you drop below 40 mph, and even then only if allow it to be. :)

d.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
dgsprime said:
Pah, Neil.

My F never drove a single mile with the hood up on the Highlander. And that includes the Monday jaunt via Glencoe...

(although I am sorry to say I missed your waving)

Rain is only really a problem if you drop below 40 mph, and even then only if allow it to be. :)

d.
Neil was on his motorbike, his wife was in the TF. Rain is always a problem for bikers; nothing worse than a 300 mile journey home sitting in a wet patch when expensive Gortex suits fail. Also, bikes lose adhesion in the wet even quicker than TFs.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I have to admit the trip from Glencoe to Findhorn that Monday on the bike was a bit scary to say the least, I had to hide in a cafe in Aviemore for a while.
Sprinter, a mate of mines ST through its hand in while up Scotland, one of the sprockets inside the engine split in half totaling the valves, it had done 44,000 very hard miles upto then, he's sourced a replacement engine & its nearly up & running...

·
Registered
39 Posts
Sprinter said:
Neil was on his motorbike, his wife was in the TF.
Yes, so he said. But thanks for the, uh, clarification.

Anyway, the Highlander was great fun, and it was nice to meet people, and put faces to names, and now indeed names to faces. Highly recommended.

Oh, and booking has begun for next year's event apparently. So you had better get in early. Let's just hope the weather is as good.

Have fun.

d.

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
dgsprime said:
Yes, so he said. But thanks for the, uh, clarification.
Just pointing out that Neil's comments on the rain were relevant to his mode of transport and it can, indeed, be a problem even over 40 mph. Like you, I had the hood down for the full Highlander from leaving home on the Thursday morning. Eventually got home late on Tuesday. Brilliant weekend.

dgsprime said:
Oh, and booking has begun for next year's event apparently. So you had better get in early. Let's just hope the weather is as good.
Have fun.
Thanks for the info .. I've booked. See you there?

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
dgsprime said:
Anyway, the Highlander was great fun, and it was nice to meet people, and put faces to names, and now indeed names to faces. Highly recommended.
The question is - Sprinter do you know who dgsprime is and dgsprime do you know who Sprinter is? Also, it's only just over a week since Highlander 2006 finished and there has been 9 bookings for next year's event already. I should add that Sprinter was Number 1

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
Stafainn said:
The question is - Sprinter do you know who dgsprime is and dgsprime do you know who Sprinter is? Also, it's only just over a week since Highlander 2006 finished and there has been 9 bookings for next year's event already. I should add that Sprinter was Number 1
I'm not normally very good with the names of the blokes but ... is he the David that sits next to Kenna?

A

·
0 Posts
Stafainn said:
And I'm afraid that you'll have to blame JP for my booking, Mr Clelland......he dared me to book and I can't refuse a dare!!! Not only that, I have never been to Scotland in my life and I have always wanted to visit....!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Stafainn said:
.just over a week since Highlander 2006 finished and there . I should add that Sprinter was Number 1

ah but did anyone see him leave............did he not stay on to ensure he got the same room. infact there was some local folklore that two people with strange tounges came to the cairngorms riding a mini green dragon some years ago and never left>>>>>>>>

·
Registered
47,841 Posts
Andie B said:
And I'm afraid that you'll have to blame JP for my booking, Mr Clelland......he dared me to book and I can't refuse a dare!!! Not only that, I have never been to Scotland in my life and I have always wanted to visit....!
I'm in as well Andie, last time I was anywhere near Aviemore was in my early twenties following the Scottish Rally :)

A

·
0 Posts
petevick said:
I'm in as well Andie, last time I was anywhere near Aviemore was in my early twenties following the Scottish Rally :)
Hurrah, Sir Pete is coming too! :)

I wanted to do this last year but didn't realise how early I had to book so really pleased that I'm sorted to join all you lovely people!

·
Registered
1,747 Posts
dgsprime said:
At this rate of expansion, David, you will need to organise two highlanders a year...

d.
Actually David, Gerry and I talked about a Run in the Central Belt or Borders in the Autum, but it's probably too late to organise it now. Would there be any demand for something like this in August or September next year?

Loch Tay

Loch Tummel

Loch Katrine

Loch Achray

·
Registered
17,075 Posts
David

It's pictures like those that could put people off visitting Scotland. Nobody will believe they are not photoshopped.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts