MG-Rover.org Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just recently i have been noticing that my rover 200, 1999, 1.4 si 40000 miles has been ticking over high when i put in the clutch. understandably it ticks over high in the mornings when it is cold, roughly 1200 rpm. but for example, when i am driving along the road, and i approach a juction and need to slow down, press the brakes put in the clutch and it will tick over anywhere between 2000 and 3000 rpm, and it sticks there until either i reach the bitting point on the clutch or if i rev the engine a little, then it will return to the norm, 800rpm roughly. any idea's on the problem? i have sprayed the throttle body with wd40 and no change... any help much appreciated!

·
Registered
724 Posts
This might work....

I had a similar problem when i took off my TB to try to fit a 56mm one (which i didn't end up doing).

It was because the accelerator cable was too tight. Try pulling the pedal up with your foot. If the revs drop, then your cable probly needs adjusting.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
20 Posts
elcarlos said:
when i am driving along the road, and i approach a juction and need to slow down, press the brakes put in the clutch and it will tick over anywhere between 2000 and 3000 rpm, and it sticks there until either i reach the bitting point on the clutch or if i rev the engine a little, then it will return to the norm, 800rpm roughly. any idea's on the problem? i have sprayed the throttle body with wd40 and no change... any help much appreciated!
Matey, look at this....

http://forums.mg-rover.org/showthread.php?t=45883&highlight=TPS

I had the same problem, but the above post (and some links within) will hopefully help you out.

RJ.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts