MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still looking around at some 25's and i was just wondering, is there much of a problem having a 25 with mileage around 75k??

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
What year is it?

Can't see it being a problem if its been looked after, servicing etc. My '99 200 has done nearly 114 000 miles and still runs sweet.

Only thing really is the head gasket (if its not been done already) and maybe clutch. But thats not end of the world stuff.

If its a good deal, go for it

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Mileage isn't everthing and shouldn't be the reason why you buy a car. It all depends on how that car has been run and maintained. A car twice as old as another could quite easily be the better runner if it's had the right treatment.

Driving the car and getting a feel for it and listening to itand looking around the engine is better than relying on the mileage.
72,000 isn't bad at all and I don't consider that high at all. I have a Vi and Vi's by their nature have a hard life as they usually get driven hard. My Vi has done 103,000 miles and runs spot on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
A 25 with 75k on the clock, i would be looking to spend less than 2k for a start.

Its all well and good saying they can do 100k+ , we know they can with possibly a few head gaskets :D But the running gear will take the wear, bearings, suspension and what not. The engine or most engines will do over 100k no probs its the bits around it that fail on modern cars.

If the price is right go for it but im a suker for low mileage examples, i just see years of hopefully trouble free miles ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts