MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i bought a zr 160 about a month ago and just noticed that the car idles at 1100 rpm. but after driving about for a while it drops back down to about 900 rpm. a friend of mine reckons the lambda sensor may need replacing, but he not sure. Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong and why it only does it when the engine is cold.

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
i bought a zr 160 about a month ago and just noticed that the car idles at 1100 rpm. but after driving about for a while it drops back down to about 900 rpm. a friend of mine reckons the lambda sensor may need replacing, but he not sure. Anyone got any ideas what might be wrong and why it only does it when the engine is cold.
exactly the same as my 25 - its just not got the engine warm yet should drop fairly quickly, mine usually normal before the engine is up to temp?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Sounds perfectly normal to me? Car always idles higher on start up until the engine is warmed up.
Ditto! For those of us that remember manual chokes... always needed higher revs to stop the car from stalling on cold mornings (all to do with combustion temps etc). If the idle was irratic it may indicate a problem, but if it goes down after a couple of mine then its fine ;) also, 1100 isnt high ;) when my IACV needed cleaning it was revving as high as 2.5k :wtf:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts