MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
mg_zr
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking at lowering my car

i was going to buy brand new mg zr springs shocks at 200pounds for the lot.

but i have seen just the springs from a zr 1.4 for 25pounds

would these springs go on my rover 25 1.4 and make a difference to the ride height, and when i say the springs its just the springs.

so the springs would go on my standard shocks

please advise thanks
peter

·
Registered
153 Posts
im no expert but im very sure i've read on here that they will go on but they will reduce the life of your standard shocks considerably! ideally need to replace shocks with matching springs.

·
Registered
17,398 Posts
Springs will fit no problem. The only consideration is that they will not sit in the cups when the car is off the ground and the wheels hang free.

If they pop out when the car is MOT'd it wil fail. However to get around this they can be secured on with cable ties.
When the car is on the ground they will be fine.

·
Registered
mgf
761 Posts
Springs will fit no problem. The only consideration is that they will not sit in the cups when the car is off the ground and the wheels hang free.

If they pop out when the car is MOT'd it wil fail. However to get around this they can secured on with cable ties.
Why has the cable tie never been awarded "The World's Most Fantastic Invention" ;)

·
Registered
rover_25
188 Posts
lowering

If they pop out when the car is MOT'd it wil fail. However to get around this they can be secured on with cable ties.
i've lowered my 25 with eibach springs with the standard struts and never had a problem and has been fine on each of its mot's

·
Registered
mg_zr
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the things is i only want it lowered 25mm as i like that look and ride height, i know im awkward lol

1 - 9 of 9 Posts