MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, am new to the forum and to owning an MGF, bought MarG in March and she's been fab, except was driving down to Southampton at the weekend with the windows open and when I went to shut them, nothing, both windows are stuck open, wouldn't be so bad except this is the wettest weather we've had since I bought her!!! I've had all the fuses out and they all look intact, has anyone got any ideas? I've bought a cover so at least the interior isn't getting wet anymore but am worried about security.

Sorry to waffle.

Charlie

·
In the Garage
MG TF
33,175 Posts
Welcome Charlie :)

Did you look at the fuses under the stering wheel or just the ones under the bonnet?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chris, yep looked at the ones under the bonnet and under the steering wheel and in the boot and they all look fine.

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Hey there Charliegirl. Welcome to the forums.
Normally the window regulator would be suspect but as both have stopped working at the same time its probably somewhere in the circuit.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I had this happen to me. Fuse F10 may be the culprit (it was for me) under steering wheel. There are some spare fuses on the right as you look, you'll need a 10amp one/red. This should help you at least shut the windows (until fuse blows again!?). My problem turned out to be a problem with the heating element in the pass side mirror. Took it apart and put some insulating tape on the wires and has been fine since. Failing that take it to an auto electrician so they can trace the problem. Again, like others have said could try the regulator too.....

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
welcome to .org Charlie, sorry to hear about your probs, hope they are sorted soon......pics are a must here!!!!:broon:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all, all the fuses have been checked and relays all seem okay, my pa in law thinks it's an earth problem! just need to locate it. Will keep you posted.

Would add some piccies if only I new how!

·
Registered
7,791 Posts
Hi Charlie,

Am I guessing right that you are pretty local to Southampton?

If so, I can probably take a look at it sometime if you need a 2nd opinion etc?

EDIT: Ah, piccies. Try uploading them to somewhere like www.photobucket.com and then you will be able to copy the URL into your posts directly linking the pictures. :broon:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts