MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

My Fiancee has recently bought a MGTF....of which I am very jealous!.......and I gained a lot of helpful information about what to look out for when going through the purchase process from this forum.

So with that I would like to say a big thanks to all you guys for your knowledge on the cars as it has helped me greatly....and you all didn't even know it!

I shall get some pics up of it soon for you to see as I know this is part of the initiation for the .org web forum! To give you an idea it is a beautiful X-Power grey VVC 160 with a grey hood 2004 model. Which I am sure you will all agree is a great step up from a Renault Clio 'R' Reg!!!!

Cheers,

Calum

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
Welcome CalMac.

Looking forward to the pics. Will you be driving the TF every chance you get? Once you have got a feel for rear wheel drive, the VVC gets most of it's power above 4500-5000 rpm. Just don't do it in the wet or on a bend. But apparently it can also be driven sensibly :)

Enjoy your TF and pray for sunshine.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks guys....yes I have been driving it every chance so far!!!! My missus has had it for just over a week and due to her having a hangover at the time I was able to drive it up to Loch Lomond last weekend with the top down of course!! It's so much more fun to drive than my big barge of a saloon!

If it was mine I think i would be out in it right now.....does this feeling ever really go with these cars? I'm guessing not as it's not even really mine and....well I think you know..

·
Registered
33,210 Posts
No, it hasn't gone so far. I even look forward to the drive to work. The drive home is better though :lol:

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
There are many ways of getting your hands on a TF, your's seems particularly subtle ;) Congratulations to you both.

Hope you both enjoy it and don't be strangers here.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Cheers Balrog......I think I know what you mean about being subtle....the OH is definitely enjoying it alright.

Everywhere we have been recently has been "Shall we take my car tonight?"

:)

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Cheers Stampy.......having been reading through the forum for the past couple of weeks I've seen that you are a dab hand at the ol' deswirling on the paintwork...... would it be cool to pick your brain on how to do this properly some time?

Cheers,

Calum

·
Registered
7,233 Posts
Any chance of you chopping your saloon in for your own F/TF then? :dddc: ;)
Nice thought but don't do it. Every (budding) family needs a bus as well as something for fun at the weekends.
Me, I drive a Skoda Estate Mon to Fri :( , well there's a bit more give and take than that but you get the idea.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Again Stampy much appreciated! I shall give you a PM sometime soon! And on trading my Saloon for a TF....well to be honest I don't think I could because as much as it is big....it's fast and cheap to insure so for now shall be hanging on to it......

Balrog....never a truer word has been spoken......getting married is a serious business with some quite serious space concerns going along with it on the old motoring department!!!!!!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi all,

My Fiancee has recently bought a MGTF....of which I am very jealous!.......and I gained a lot of helpful information about what to look out for when going through the purchase process from this forum.

So with that I would like to say a big thanks to all you guys for your knowledge on the cars as it has helped me greatly....and you all didn't even know it!

I shall get some pics up of it soon for you to see as I know this is part of the initiation for the .org web forum! To give you an idea it is a beautiful X-Power grey VVC 160 with a grey hood 2004 model. Which I am sure you will all agree is a great step up from a Renault Clio 'R' Reg!!!!

Cheers,

Calum
Same colour/hood combination as mine, and the grey hood makes such a difference. I see XPG TF's with black hoods and IMO they just don't look as good. Having said that; with the weather we're having at the moment if your hood is up then shame on you!! ;)
Seriously though congrats on the purchase!!!

·
Registered
7,832 Posts
welcome to the .org.....glad you're chuffed......and the best colour:broon:....let the modding commence......the lure of the darkside is very strong :rofl:.......but we need.....PICS!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts