MG-Rover.org Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
mg_tf
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone

Just returning to the mg world, wife 'insists' on another one. She had an mgf on a P plate years ago, the nice man who sold it to me said that he always replaces head gaskets on all his cars as he looks after them. I must admit it was very nice, clean and shiny.

Well two head gaskets later my darling wife parted company with the nice mans car, perhaps on my insistence, who knows, she is very persuasive!!!

Well it's all started again, she made me go look at some shiny things called SLKs, quite nice but didn't fancy the bills if they go pop.

Then it happened last week, The war of wear the poor little git down started, so I must have looked at loads of TFs it has all become a blurr.

Still buy one I must and so glad I have found this forum, looking forward to many a head gasket, but she must be fed and kept happy or the pain will start again and I am too old for pain now

Cheers

Ian

·
Registered
mg_tf
234 Posts
If the headgasket is replaced properly then there is no reason it should go again, for a long long time. It's a shame that some nice man / men have taken advantage.
Get a good one. look after it and forget about this head gasket phobia.
Welome and enjoy.

·
Registered
mg_tf
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks

Just been to see one lovely condition, with hard top, 39k but absolutely no service history or bills. Rang the garage he said does the MOT and services, they said yup done the MOTs but never serviced it..

Such a shame so have to keep looking, she is killing me

Cheers

Ian

1 - 3 of 3 Posts